Apple cuts iPhone 5, 5c from iOS 10.3.2 update? [Unconfirmed; iPhone 5c running 10.3.2 now]

Options
wkleem
wkleem
Community Member
edited May 2017 in iOS

@sjk, As you have the 5c, could you please confirm if this is true ? It is the first time Apple is cutting support of a device midway through the iOS cycle. Presumably, 1Password 7 for iOS will be excluded from those devices?

Comments

• Ben
    Ben
    edited May 2017
    Options

I haven't seen anything official from Apple in terms of an announcement but it does appear the iPhone 5C is not eligible to be upgraded to iOS 10.3.

Upon further investigation it appears the iPhone 5c can be updated to iOS 10.3.2. Did you actually try this on your device, wkleem? If not I wouldn't worry about rumors. :)

Presumably, 1Password 7 for iOS will be excluded from those devices?

Anything I could say would be purely speculation at this point, and I prefer not to speculate. 1Password 7 for iOS isn't a thing yet.

Ben

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

I updated my 5c to 10.3.2 last night.

Maybe an Apple forum is more focused for a discussion like this? :smile:

• wkleem
    wkleem
    Community Member
    Options

I don't have any iPhone 5/5c around. Perhaps if one day someone gives me theirs. :) I have had an iPhone 4 (non s) given to me. I currently use the SE.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@wkleem: I really don't see the benefit of this sort of speculation. This is a support forum for AgileBits products, not an Apple rumour site. There are plenty of those out there already. We want to make sure that everyone gets the help they need, so it's important that we're able to respond efficiently, and that people can find the information they're looking for. Please keep that in mind when posting here in the future.

• wkleem
    wkleem
    Community Member
    Options

Sure, @brenty. I do get carried away, at times.

• Ben
    Options

:+1: :)

Ben

This discussion has been closed.