To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Problems changing my master password

Options
kulwant
kulwant
Community Member

I logged into my account on 1password.com using my email address, my secret key and my master password. Then I attempted to change my master password for security reasons. Since doing that I keep getting “Authentication Error.” Neither the old master password nor the new one I attempted to change it to are working when I try to re -login to 1password.com

For now it seems that I can still login to 1password on my computer, but I am concerned that I will get locked out now and lose all my passwords.

What should I do?

Thanks… Kulwant

1Password Version: 6.7.1 (671001) AgileBits Store
Extension Version: 4.6.5.90
OS Version: macOS Sierra 10.12.4
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited May 2017
    Options

@kulwant: Can you tell me more about what you've done and what's happening now?

If you're part of a 1Password Family or Team, another Owner, Organizer, or Admin can help you recover your account, so you can create a new Account Key and Master Password:

https://support.1password.com/recovery/#begin-recovery

If not, please enable local vaults in 1Password Preferences > Advanced, and copy your data to the Primary vault from your 1Password.com account just in case.

I see you've also emailed us separately, so we can continue the conversation there to get some more details on what you're doing.

ref: NUI-67445-625

This discussion has been closed.