To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Master password worked yesterday, doesn't today

Options
dsdboyce
dsdboyce
Community Member

I created a new account yesterday and I have my Emergency Kit printed out with the Master Password that I set up. I used it successfully yesterday, but it won't work today. I am able to get into my iPhone's 1Password program using Touch ID and can get to the screen where I can change the Master Password, but it requires the CURRENT Master Password to make a change. . . . and what I have on the Emergency Kit doesn't work. Is there any other way, or do I have to delete the account and start over?

1Password Version: 6
Extension Version: 4.6.5.90
OS Version: Windows 10
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Brian
    Brian
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi there, @dsdboyce !

Thanks for reaching out! I hope you are having a good day! :)

I'm sorry to hear that your master password isn't working anymore. I know how frustrating this situation can be, so let's get you up and running again as fast as possible!

Sometimes, even if you are entering the correct master password, it may be rejected. We offer a nice little knowledge base article that outlines some solutions on how you can get this fixed. Feel free to check it out here: https://support.1password.com/forgot-master-password/#if-you-think-you-remember-your-master-password

Hopefully, that knowledge base article helps, but if doesn't feel free to nudge me so we can continue to troubleshoot.

Thanks for your patience, @dsdboyce , and have a great rest of your day!

• dsdboyce
    dsdboyce
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Brian,

I've tried every permutation of the password I can, and it doesn't work, so it seems we will have to start over. What is the best way to do that? Thank you.

• dsdboyce
    dsdboyce
    Community Member
    Options

Hi again! I was able to find the original Master Password that I had set, and it worked. I guess when I changed it to something easier to remember, 1Password didn't save it. How do I be sure that a password change is kept?

Thank you!

• Frank
    Options

HI @dsdboyce - That's great news! I'm happy to hear you were able to find the original Master Password and you're back up and running. If you sign into your 1Password.com account via the web, you should be able to change your Master Password from your "My Profile" page. I hope this helped and let me know if you have any further questions or need any assistance with changing your Master Password. Make sure you print out your Emergency Kit and write the new Master Password in the provided space at the bottom. Keep this in a safe & secure location. :+1:

• dsdboyce
    dsdboyce
    Community Member
    Options

I'll give it a try, thank you!

• Frank
    Options

You're welcome @dsdboyce, if you run into any trouble along the way, we're be here if you need us :wink:

This discussion has been closed.