size of backup file

juanra
juanra
Community Member

I use 1password for families. I noticed that starting March 22, the file size for the backups got dramatically smaller, even though the number of items has not changed much. If anything, I may have added a couple of items. I am referring to the .1p4_zip files. They went from 376KB to 5KB.
So, this may be a dumb question, but any reason why the file size for the backups to be reduced so much? I am curious and wonder if those backups are not reliable. There is no way that they could go down to 5KB, as there is way too much data in my account, even factoring in the zip compression.
Thanks in advance.
PS: I really like the product!

1Password Version: 6.7.1
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: macOS sierra 10.12.5
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• juanra
    juanra
    Community Member

Additional comment: I noticed that, also some time in March the desktop application ceased to report additional backups made in the Preferences -- Backups section. I can see the files in Finder, but they don't show up in the list of backups in preferences.
    Thanks.

• XIII
    XIII
    Community Member

How do you create those backups?

As far as I know 1Password for Families has no local backups; only on the 1Password.com server.

• Hi @juanra - As XIII mentioned, if you're rocking a 1Password.com account, we take care of the backups for you. It's one of the nice benefits of having a 1Password membership, all the backups and syncing is handled on our end so you don't have to manage this. We're you exporting your 1Password data via one of the apps? Keep us posted and let us know if you have any additional questions. :+1:

This discussion has been closed.