To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

can't open 1PW on old device

Options
TripleHjr
TripleHjr
Community Member

I have 1PW for Mac installed on iPhone 5s, MBP-13, iMac21, using new Agilebits subscriber account--now have come North to iMac27 and 1PW will not open cuz it can't find Mini--don't have password to any acct cuz can't open 1PW--went to url you suggested in Discussions and signed in with account Key and master password--now what???--not clear--Hank

1Password Version: 6.5.3
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OSX 10.11.6
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:can't open 1PW

Comments

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Howdy @TripleHjr,

Congrats on your new iMac and 1Password membership! I'm increasingly tempted to replace my increasingly sluggish 2009 mini with an iMac. :)

Thanks for providing the 1Password version info (6.5.3), which helps to identify the possible source of the trouble you're having. If you've installed the version from our website, what you'll need to do is manually update to the current version. This article has more details and instructions:

1Password failed to connect to 1Password mini

And we also recommend updating if you installed 1Password from the Mac App Store. Just make sure to stick with one or the other - you'll never want to update the website version with the MAS version, or vice versa.

Let us know if updating doesn't do the trick or if you run into any other obstacles we can help you with. Cheers! :)

• TripleHjr
    TripleHjr
    Community Member
    Options

Easy peasy!--now I have 1 PW on iPhone 5s, iMac21, iPad Air, MBPro13, iMac27--I like the synching on iCloud as opposed to DropBox---

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

I'm happy to hear that solved the problem, @TripleHjr! Hopefully you're all set now, but if you have more questions or need anything else, just let us know. :)

• TripleHjr
    TripleHjr
    Community Member
    Options

I have 1PW for Mac on iMac21 in Fla and a subscription for 1PW with agilebits using iCloud--I'm now up North and trying to synch my iMac27--I've signed in with magic numbers and prefs for 1PW on imac27 show primary and Personal vaults--also signed in on MBPro13 which has latest update of Personal vault but also won't synch--4 days old--have quit and restarted--

1Password Version: Not Provided
    Extension Version: Not Provided
    OS Version: Not Provided
    Sync Type: Not Provided

• TripleHjr
    TripleHjr
    Community Member
    Options

I started another thread "can't make new device synch"--sorry--after I got it running on May 15 it stopped synching--also the MBPro13 stopped synching--

• TripleHjr
    TripleHjr
    Community Member
    Options

I asked this question yesterday and no answer yet--I now got iMac27 to synch by unchecking "Primary" in Vaults---I still cannot get 1PW to synch on MBPro13 which last synched 23 hrs ago--I have both "Primary" and "Personal" checked in Vaults on MBP13--

• TripleHjr
    TripleHjr
    Community Member
    edited May 2017
    Options

SOLVED with Beckym April 25 thread in Accounts--

[link added to that discussion (now closed) by AgileBits]

• Frank
    Options

That's fantastic news! I'm glad the forum posts helped :+1: Let us know if you have any further questions and enjoy the rest of your day!

This discussion has been closed.