How to log in to American Airlines website

I signed in to my AA account, but when I look in 1password, it is mixed up. The login looks like this:

But in 1password, it show for my username, my last name. How do I go into 1password and set up the login to have 3 fields:
Username
Last Name
Password

?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@ajahn: Thanks for reaching out. I’m sorry for the confusion! Generally login credentials involve only a username and password, so that's what 1Password uses in its template for Login items. But manually saving a login using the 1Password browser extension will allow it to save additional information from the form to fill better — including non-standard fields like this. Just try these steps to save the login manually:

1. Navigate to the website — for example, https://www.aa.com/loyalty/login
    2. Enter your login credentials
    3. Click the 'keyhole' icon to bring up the extension
    4. Click the 'gear' icon for Settings
    5. Click Save New Login
    6. Give it a name and Save
    7. Close the webpage and select your new login from the extension to have 1Password Go & Fill
    8. Submit the form manually if you have autosumbit disabled

One important thing to note in this particular case is that American Airlines is using different forms on the login page I linked above and on the their main aa.com page, so a login saved on one may not work reliably on the other. So be sure to save your login on the page you use most. I hope this helps. Be sure to let me know if you have any other questions! :)

• ajahn
    ajahn
    Community Member

That did not work for me. Is it because I'm using 1Password 4 on my laptop? Is this a 1Password 6 feature? I followed your instructions, but after saving it, I see the following in 1Password.

Any other suggestions? This account is for my son, and he has 1Password 6 on his laptop, so I might try it there to see if your suggestion works.

Please advise. Thanks.

• jxpx777
    jxpx777
    1Password Alumni

@ajahn It is indeed possible that the behavior on 1Password 4 is different to what is in 1Password 6. Our filling logic processing moved from the extension to the native application in 1Password 5.3, and all the legacy logic that is being used for versions before then (including 1Password 4) hasn't been touched quite some time. While we do continue to provide support for users on 1Password 4, we cannot provide updates to keep pace with new development that is happening elsewhere or to changes in environment such as Chrome and Firefox's recent code signature identity changes. You might be interested in this post where we talk about some of the changes that have happened and are to come. The short version is that after 2.5 years since the last update, 1Password 4 is living on borrowed time and if at all possible, you should update to the latest version.

--
    Jamie Phelps
    Code Wrangler @ AgileBits
    Fort Worth, Texas

• ajahn
    ajahn
    Community Member

Yeah, I understand. Although all our other macs in the house are running El Capitan or Sierra, my macbook is still on Mavericks because of work software. This limits me to 1Password 4. At some point I will upgrade.

• jxpx777
    jxpx777
    1Password Alumni

Thanks for your gracious reply, @ajahn. Do let us know if we can be of any other assistance. :)

This discussion has been closed.