Touch ID has been blocked after 3 failed attempts but I don´t remember master password

Options
gonzac321
gonzac321
Community Member

I have failed after 3 attempts with my touch ID but I do not remember my Master Password since I have always used touch ID in the past. Therefore I need to make touch ID still available to access my account. Thank you

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:Touch ID has been blocked after 3 failed attempts but I need more attempts. Don´t remember master password

Comments

• MrRooni
    Options

Good afternoon @gonzac321, thanks for getting in touch with us. I'm sorry to say that you've hit a bug in 1Password (one that will be fixed in the next version we ship). Without your Master Password you won't be able to unlock 1Password again.

We do have an article that may help jog your memory about that password, though. You can find it here: https://support.1password.com/forgot-master-password/

• gonzac321
    gonzac321
    Community Member
    Options

HI Mr Rooni, thank you for your answer. Now I have deleted 1password App and start over again as apparently was the only solution to my problem, but now i cannot add my email adress to my new account because the system associates it to the previous exisiting account. What can I do?. Thanks in advance

• Frank
    Options

Hi gonzac321 - I'll be happy to help out :smile: In order to better assist you, I sent you over an email so we can work on this together. At your earliest convenience reply back to me so we can continue the conversation over there. I look forward to working with you and getting you back up and running using 1Password :+1:

ref: LXY-32954-684

• alflibertario
    alflibertario
    Community Member
    Options

Hello... I have the same problem, but the only thing i do is syncro mi Iphone with my mac. If i star all over again all my data will be lost? Or the syncro save my data and in the new syncro my data will be save?

• Frank
    edited May 2017
    Options

Hi @alflibertario - Sorry for the troubles. Did you sign up for a 1Password subscription account? If not, it sounds like you might be syncing your data locally using Dropbox or iCloud. Have you tried checking out the tips in this article and maybe it will help you remember your Master Password? Unfortunately, if you can't remember the Master Password you will have to start over since we don't store this on our end for security concerns. If you're syncing via Dropbox or iCloud, your data is fully encrypted with your Master Password. Keep me posted and let me know if you have any additional questions.

This discussion has been closed.