Request(s): Add tags at creation step and smart folders sync on iOS

sardina266
sardina266
Community Member
edited May 2017 in iOS

Hi there. Whenever I add a new login on my Mac I include relevant tags such as the category, person, priority, etc. This is currently not possible on iOS @ the moment of creation. Instead I need to create and save the login, open the 1Password app (I normally create logins w/ the share sheet extension for Safari on iOS) and add the relevant tag ("To be updated..." in my case).

I have searched the forum and have not found a similar request, so I am kicking off the thread here.

Also, it would great if smart folders created on the Mac would sync across devices. I realize creating a smart folder on iOS is not possible at this time, but would appreciate being able to see the contents of any smart folder on my iOS devices.

Thanks for taking the time to read my message and review my feature requests!

Comments

• @sardina226

Thanks for taking the time to write in with this request. I like the idea! Tags have become a much more popular way to organize, and so it would be great to have easier access to them. Maybe adding them into the extension is something we can consider for the future.

Also, it would great if smart folders created on the Mac would sync across devices.

My understanding is that at the moment we're using Mac-specific (or at least Apple specific) tech for smart folders ("saved searches"). I believe it is on the list of long term goals to migrate this to something more platform agnostic so that they could be used and created elsewhere.

Thanks!

Ben

This discussion has been closed.