Dropbox Authorization Failed and 1Password

Michael Finney
Michael Finney
Community Member
edited May 2017 in iOS

Similar to another post in here from long ago, I keep getting a "Dropbox Authorization Failed" on the iOS app. I have the latest iOS operating system and latest iPhone app.

I have tried disallowing 1Password from the Dropbox account (via desktop web interface) and going through the process of allowing dropbox again. I still get stuck in an infinite loop of "Dropbox Authorization Failed" / try to allow / "Dropbox Authorization Failed"

Since I use 1Password on the desktop, is the easiest thing to do to delete the app on the iPhone and reinstall?

1Password Version: 6.7.1
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.3.2
Sync Type: Dropbox
Referrer: forum-search:Dropbox Authorization Failed

Comments

• Michael Finney
    Michael Finney
    Community Member
    edited May 2017

Thanks for your help with this issue.

• Hi @Michael Finney

Sorry to hear about the difficulty. Do you have the Dropbox app installed on your iOS device? Could you please launch that and make sure you're able to login there? After doing so please try using 1Password sync again.

If that does not resolve the problem, and you don't have any information that is exclusively on the iOS device, then I think your suggested approach is a valid next step.

Please let us know how it turns out. Thanks!

Ben

• Michael Finney
    Michael Finney
    Community Member

I gave up on dropbox and am using another sync option now. Thanks! resolved.

• Thanks for the update. :)

Ben

• Lefuret
    Lefuret
    Community Member

Am having the same issue and trying to solve is according to https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/51234/dropbox-authorization-failed
    Though, hanging in Sync with Dropbox step ...
    very annoying

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@Lefuret: As Ben mentioned, this can often happen with the Dropbox app if it is installed. If so, please try uninstalling it and then setup sync in 1Password. Let me know if that helps!

• Lefuret
    Lefuret
    Community Member

The app is not installed on the Ipad where I am having the issue ....

• Sorry for the confusion, @Lefuret. I was actually suggesting verifying you are able to login to your Dropbox account from the Dropbox app, and then syncing with 1Password (not removing it).

If that doesn't work, as Michael Finney did, you may want to consider a different sync method:

Sync your 1Password data

If you are set on using Dropbox we have a comprehensive troubleshooting guide available here:

If you're having trouble syncing with Dropbox - 1Password Support

Thanks.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.