Chrome update breaks form filling, how to update AgileBits Store version of app

Options

Comments

• rubyatMR
    rubyatMR
    Community Member
    Options

I am having this same problem but I didn't buy 1Password in the App Store. Is there no way you can push an update out to people using the desktop version with a link to where we can download your update? Or at least offer a more helpful error message. I shouldn't have to go sleuthing around.

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @rubyatMR,

I'm sorry you're having trouble updating the version of 1Password from our website! That version should automatically alert you when an update is available as long as the option to do so is enabled in 1Password > Preferences > Updates. But you can also check for updates at any time in the main 1Password app by going to 1Password > Check for Updates in the menu bar.

Hopefully that helps, but if you have any trouble with that, please let us know. Cheers! :)

• rubyatMR
    rubyatMR
    Community Member
    Options

I have that checked and was not notified.

• matthew_ag
    matthew_ag
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hey @rubyatMR,

I have helped a few other customers with this issue and in their cases they weren't prompted to update either. 1Password for Mac only checks for updates once every 10 days so this may have been the cause of not being shown the update prompt.

I would be interested in taking a look at a Diagnostics Report for your 1Password for Mac to see if that matches my theory or whether there were some failures in 1Password for Mac's approach to keeping you updated.

The following guide will show you how to create a Diagnostics Report:

https://support.1password.com/diagnostics

Attach the Diagnostics Report(s) to an email message addressed to support+forum@agilebits.com.

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report(s) in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email, along with your forum handle so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your Diagnostics Report(s) in our inbox.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here so we can track down the report(s) and ensure that this issue is dealt with quickly. :)

Once we see the report we should be able to better assist you. Thanks very much!

Best regards,
    Matthew

• rubyatMR
    rubyatMR
    Community Member
    edited May 2017
    Options

The Chrome extension has now broken AGAIN. Exact same problem, probably the third time in the past 2 months. I checked 1Password for updates and I am current.

• matthew_ag
    matthew_ag
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hey again @rubyatMR,

Sorry about the trouble with this, please send in a Diagnostics Report and we'll gladly take a look at this issue for you.

Sending Diagnostics Reports (Mac)

Attach the diagnostics to an email message addressed to support+forum@agilebits.com.

With your email please include:

• A link to this thread: https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/78492/chrome-update-breaks-form-filling-how-to-update-agilebits-store-version-of-app#latest
    • Your forum username: rubyatMR

That way we can "connect the dots" when we see your diagnostics in our inbox.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number.  Please post that number here so we can track down the diagnostics and ensure that this issue is dealt with quickly. :)

Once we see the diagnostics we'll be able to better assist you. Thanks very much!

Matthew

• rubyatMR
    rubyatMR
    Community Member
    Options

Restarted computer two times (for other reasons) and it's now working. ¯_(ツ)_/¯

• matthew_ag
    matthew_ag
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hey again @rubyatMR,

Sorry for the poor connection. Do drop us a Diagnostics Report if this ever happens again and we should be able to help.

Thanks for letting us know.

Matthew

• rubyatMR
    rubyatMR
    Community Member
    Options

It's happening again. I'll try to pull the diagnostics.

• rubyatMR
    rubyatMR
    Community Member
    Options

Does the diagnostic app really only work with Mail.app? That seems strangely limiting. I just copied it and sent via Gmail.

• matthew_ag
    matthew_ag
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hey @rubyatMR,

Thanks for sending in the your email but there wasn't a Diagnostics Report attached unfortunately. When the Diagnostics Report has been generated you should see a blue "report" icon appear to the right hand side of the Diagnostics Reporting tool. You can drag this to your Desktop where it will then be saved as a file which you can then forward using Gmail (see screenshot for what I mean):

Regarding the Diagnostics Report, it should offer you to open your default e-mail client on your computer however if you're using GMail that won't be configured and you'll need to use the approach above.

Let me know if that goes OK or if you have any trouble with it.

Regards,
    Matthew

• rubyatMR
    rubyatMR
    Community Member
    Options

OK, re-sending with the attachment. Nothing about that blue image was saying "click me." Maybe you can add some text to that window explaining what can be done other than the one button that only works with Mail.app.

• matthew_ag
    matthew_ag
    1Password Alumni
    edited May 2017
    Options

We got it this time @rubyatMR :chuffed:

Thanks for sending that in. I'll take a look shortly. Sorry about the blue image not being obviously draggable. I completely agree that it's not intuitive. We do have an internal "New Feature" bug tracking this idea. I've mentioned your comments there. Hopefully we can improve this in the future and make it clearer.

Matthew

ref: OPT-4, HRF-11283-523

• rubyatMR
    rubyatMR
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks! I have a theory that the Chrome extension works when I am able to keep 1Password.app running. A lot of the time if the application is already open, it closes when the extension gets used. But if it stays open it works.

• matthew_ag
    matthew_ag
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Thanks @rubyatMR,

I've sent you a reply via email, hopefully we can work through a solution there and post the results here when we confirm things are back working.

Matthew

This discussion has been closed.