Sync Type: 1password account
Referrer: forum-search:macbook and iOS not syncing

Comments

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @marc_husid,

I'm sorry you're having trouble syncing 1Password between your Mac and iPhone!

I notice you're using a slightly older version of 1Password on your Mac (version 6.6.2). Please try installing the latest update:

• If you're using the AgileBits Store version of 1Password for Mac, open the main 1Password app and go to 1Password > Check for Updates in the menu bar. (The latest update is currently version 6.7.1.)
    • If you're using the Mac App Store version, open the Mac App Store and check the Updates section. (The latest update is currently version 6.7.)

We also just released an update for the iOS version of 1Password (version 6.7). On your iPhone, open the App Store and go to the Updates section. If it shows an update for 1Password, tap the Update button next to it.

Once you have the latest update installed on your Mac and iPhone, try adding or editing an item in 1Password (remember to save it). Does that sync from one to the other?

• marc_husid
    marc_husid
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Drew_AG
    I updated both and added a new login on my Mac which did not sync to my iPhone. Now what?
    Thank you

• tomer
    tomer
    Community Member
    Options

Not sure if related, but I got sync'ing issue today as well.
    I have more items on my iOS than on the web site or the Mac native client.
    I'm a 1Password membership subscriber.

iPhone 7
    System: iOS (10.3.1)
    1Password Version: 6.7
    Device Name: iPhone
    Locale: en_AR

Macbook Pro
    1Password 6
    Version 6.7.1 (671001)
    AgileBits Store

• tomer
    tomer
    Community Member
    Options

My issue was having a Primary Vault on my iPhone, which was being used by default for new items.
    The Primary Vault doesn't sync with my 1Password membership.
    I just moved the items from the Primary Vault to my Personal 1Password membership vault, and that was it!

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    edited May 2017
    Options

Hi @marc_husid,

Thank you for trying that. If you sign into your account on 1Password.com from a web browser and check your vault(s) there, do you see the new Login item you added to the 1Password app on your Mac? Please also try creating a new item (Login, Secure Note, etc) on your iPhone and then check 1Password.com from a web browser to see if it shows up there. The results will help narrow down where the problem is happening.

I also wonder if the issue might be similar to the one tomer described. Please open & unlock the main 1Password app on your Mac, then look for the vault switcher in the top left corner of the window (it might say "All Vaults" or the name of a specific vault). Click on that to see a list of vaults. Do you see one named "Primary" at the top? Do you also see your name or the name of your account there, with at least one vault listed below it?

On your iPhone, open 1Password and go to Settings > Vaults. Which vaults do you see there? Are they all the same ones as on your Mac?

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @tomer,

I'm glad you were able to figure that out! Indeed, the Primary vault is a local vault which is not part of your 1Password.com account. If you used 1Password before signing up for an account, the Primary vault is probably leftover from that.

If you don't need the Primary vault, you can delete it in order to avoid confusion. On your Mac, open the main 1Password app and switch to the Primary vault, then go to 1Password > Delete Vault... in the menu bar. On your iPhone, open 1Password and go to Settings > Vaults > Primary > Delete Vault.

Hopefully you're all set, but we're here for you if you need more help! :)

• marc_husid
    marc_husid
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you Drew and Tomer-It seems Tomer and I had the same issue. I have deleted the Primary vault from both devices and all seems well now. Have a good and meaningful Memorial Day.
    Marc

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Awesome! That's great news @marc_husid, I'm glad it turned out to be a simple matter of deleting the Primary vault, and that it's working correctly for you now. Please let us know if you need more help with 1Password. I hope you enjoy Memorial Day too! :)

This discussion has been closed.