To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

How to sync specific vaults on some devices?

Options
mickaphd
mickaphd
Community Member

Hi,

I Just signed for an account membership after several years with a standalone licence. Hope your servers are secure guys...!

So I created 3 different vaults all sync with my 1Password account which is perfect to keep it sync between my mac and my iPhone. However, I would like to sync only one of them on my iPad so not all of them. I did not find how to choose that on the web interface. Is there a way to do that? It was very easy before with the WiFi sync for exemple where we could choose which one sync or not so I am surprised to don't be able to do it now. I am pretty sure that I missed something so thanks for the help!

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

I Just signed for an account membership after several years with a standalone licence. Hope your servers are secure guys...!

@mickaphd: That's great! And you'll be glad to hear that while we certainly go to a lot of trouble to keep our servers secure, an attacker won't be able to get to your data through us. The stuff you store in 1Password is encrypted on your device before being sent, so the server only gets an incomprehensible blob which can only be decrypted using your Master Password and Secret Key; and since neither of those are ever transmitted, you're the only one with the "keys" to your data. You can read more details on how all of this works in our white paper, and don't hesitate to ask any other questions you may have! :)

So I created 3 different vaults all sync with my 1Password account which is perfect to keep it sync between my mac and my iPhone. However, I would like to sync only one of them on my iPad so not all of them. I did not find how to choose that on the web interface. Is there a way to do that? It was very easy before with the WiFi sync for exemple where we could choose which one sync or not so I am surprised to don't be able to do it now. I am pretty sure that I missed something so thanks for the help!

It isn't possible to selectively sync individual vaults on a per-device basis, as there are all part of your account. A big part of why people asked us to offer a service like this was to avoid having to configure sync settings and manage vaults on each device. But if you'll let me know more about what you're trying to accomplish maybe there's something else I can recommend.

• rain3921
    rain3921
    Community Member
    Options

I just found this thread as I have the same question. Essentially, I want to have a specific vault for my iPhone - as I don't want my financial or email passwords there, should somehow someone get into my phone and get in the app. That's the jackpot.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited September 2017
    Options

@rain3921: You could create a local vault on your iPhone. I'm not sure it's something I'd recommend since that means having to sync and backup the data yourself, but it's an option. It seems to me though that there's no harm in having that information secured in 1Password on your iPhone, since it's encrypted and can only be accessed by you (just as on any other device), and it could really save your butt in a pinch if that's all you have with you when you need some of that data. Just a thought. :)

This discussion has been closed.