Credit Card Sites not working

Currently on the trial. Checking the program out.

I tried setting it up for chase.com and capitalone.com. Chase.com works with the IE plugin, but not Chrome (my preferred browser), and capitalone doesn't work with either browser.

Comments

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    edited July 2011
    Welcome to the forums, kombat! Thanks for trying out 1Password. :-)

I'm sorry that you're having this problem. First, move any existing Login items for those two sites to the trash. Then, please try saving the login manually like this:

1. Enter your username and password, but DO NOT submit the form.
    2. Click the 1Password button in your browser's toolbar, and choose Save Login.
    3. Set the Action field to Create New Login
    4. Click the Save button.

Using the above technique I was able to save and fill a sample login in Chrome at both sites.

Manually saving a login can be useful for logins that are either problematic to begin with or were once working but have since stopped. Doing this allows 1Password to refresh everything it "knows" about the page. Login pages often change as websites are updated and this can be a necessary but very useful tip. :-)

If you are still having trouble, please take a look at our "Website Login Issues" guide:

http://help.agilebits.com/1Password3/login_issues.html

Note especially that editing the login to change the Submit value from "If Autosubmit is ON" to "Never" works on a lot of sites which modify the form before submitting it or are looking for a literal key press or mouse click. This will give you the chance to actually give them what they are looking for by submitting the form yourself rather than allowing 1Password to do it on your behalf.

I don't have accounts on those sites, so it is hard to confirm whether or not autosubmit works, but my tests lead me to believe that disabling autosubmit should have your Logins working well.

I hope that helps. Please let me know.

Thanks!
  • Hi. Sorry to get back to you so late. I did get them working. With capitalone, manually creating worked. With chase changing autosubmit to never worked. Thanks for your help.

Karl
  • DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni
    That's great news, Karl. Thanks for updating the thread!
This discussion has been closed.