Have a virus in my onepassowrd on my iPhone [Not a virus; Dropbox sync issue]

Options
stevemed
stevemed
Community Member
edited May 2017 in iOS

The one password app on my iPhone is operating very strange. I had to delete it an reinstall. This did not change the behavior. When I open the app, it is making rapid changes to my dropbox. i see notifications coming from dropbox, multiple times a second, that x number of files have been deleted or changed (scary). I have been a user of one password for at least 8 years, i have it on all of my devices. I have never seen anything like this. If i try to open a web site within the one password app, the screen which shows the link to the site, constantly updates and looks like nefarious software is taking control of the app. The way to stop this is to manually close the app, by double clicking the iPhone home button and swiping the iPhone screen from the bottom, in the normal iOS fashion. I am also able to stop one password from deleting my dropbox files by turning of the sync.

Below is the information about my iPhone the one password version. I also sent diagnostics from the iPhone Onepassword app.

Please help. iI will not be able to use one password on my iPhone until this is resolved.

1Password Version: 6.7.1
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: iOS 10.3.1
Sync Type: Dropbox
Referrer: forum-search:have a virus in mt onepassowrd on my iPhone

Comments

• Ben
    Options

Hi @stevemed,

Thanks for taking the time to write in. Sorry to hear about the trouble syncing with Dropbox. The behavior you described doesn't sound like a virus (which unless your iPhone is jailbroken is incredibly unlikely). It sounds like you may have a corrupt item.

Please follow this troubleshooting guide to resolve the issue:

If you're having trouble syncing with Dropbox - 1Password Support

Thanks!

Ben

This discussion has been closed.