Feature Idea: Reminder to update passwords

Options
sjamesmccarthy
sjamesmccarthy
Community Member

A filter like "watchtower" would be helpful for passwords that haven't been changed for X number of days which could be set inside options ->security. The password update warning, regardless of when it was actually first used, would be based on 1P creation date.

Anyone else think this would be useful?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• kevlar
    kevlar
    Community Member
    Options

I like this idea too. As a workaround on the Mac client you can go to View->Item List Layout-->Top and it will switch to a view that allows you to see Modified and Created dates for all items or a specific category.

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @sjamesmccarthy and @kevlar,

Thanks for your feedback and suggestion! I'm not sure if you're aware, but in 1Password for Mac, the Security Audit section of the sidebar shows lists of passwords that are 3+ years old, 1-3 years old, and 6-12 months old (it determines that by the date the password field in an item was last changed).

Hopefully that helps. Have a great weekend! :)

• sjamesmccarthy
    sjamesmccarthy
    Community Member
    Options

That's a great idea. The Win10 build doesn't appear to have that option yet. Have a great weekend too!

• Ben
    Options

The Windows team has a lot on their plate, but hopefully they'll be able to add more of the Security Audit features in the not too distant future. Thanks! :)

Ben

• prime
    prime
    Community Member
    Options

I wish i could opt things out from this. I add a Password on a note, it will show up in the audit. I also have work stuff that I don't want showing up, because I can't change those passwords. Other than that, it's great!

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@prime: Yeah, that's been a request that comes up from time to time. Security Audit is a great feature, but I think there are definitely things we can do to make it even more useful to all of us. But I do like the current style, which is primarily a tool for those of us who choose to use it, yet doesn't get in the way (e.g. no "Your password has not been changed in n days" popups) for everyone else. Cheers! :)

This discussion has been closed.