not able to access Dropbox vault unless first logging in to 1password.com account

When starting 1Password, I am systematically invited to login on my 1password.com account, which I no longer use (I created it for testing at work, but ultimately decided to drop it because of its price). Until today, I could hit the back button and access my Dropbox vault, but not anymore: I have first to login to the 1password.com account (filling endless strings of data) and then I can access the vaults. The only other possibility besides logging in is to access the options (which cannot help me anyway).

1Password Version: 6.5.401d
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 7
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni

Hello @milochiari,

Thank you for taking time to contact us! You did the right thing by contacting us. Let me try to explain the situation.

First of all, I am sorry for the confusion with the local vaults in 1Password 6 for Windows (they were never fully supported there). The manual syncing for vaults in Dropbox in the previous versions of 1Password 6 were added specifically for migrating your local vaults into 1Password.com account without having to install the Dropbox client first. We've gotten rid of this because people thought this meant local vaults were supported but it wasn't. We're going to be a bit more aggressive to clarify that 1Password 6 should not be used full time with local vaults when it doesn't have all of the data such as attachments and doesn't support specific old formats.

1Password 6 is the new app we are building from the ground up and it does not support local vaults and standalone licenses at the moment, it is focused on our subscription-based 1Password.com accounts. If you purchased a license for 1Password 4 previously and want to use a local vault, not 1Password account, you should stick with 1Password 4 for the time being. You can download it here.

I hope it helps. If you have any additional questions about 1Password on Windows or 1Password in general, please let us know. Thanks!

Cheers,
    Greg

This discussion has been closed.