To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Independent Test

Options
davegarratt
davegarratt
Community Member

Just wondered when it comes to proving your solution is water tight, have you ever employed anyone outside your company to validate the secureness of both the local vault and probably more importantly your new website Account solution.

I'm not volunteering as it's not my area of expertise, but as a software developer its always the case that a 3rd party can look at something from a different perspective ?

Dave

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited May 2017
    Options

Just wondered when it comes to proving your solution is water tight, have you ever employed anyone outside your company to validate the secureness of both the local vault and probably more importantly your new website Account solution.

@davegarratt: Absolutely! Our security model is well known and the older local vault formats are open and have been hammered on for the roughly a decade already. And more importantly, our 1Password.com security white paper goes into great detail about how our hosted service works.

I'm not volunteering as it's not my area of expertise, but as a software developer its always the case that a 3rd party can look at something from a different perspective ?

Totally! We agree that's important, so we also have external auditors and independent security researchers hammer on things to find areas where we can improve our security. I hope this helps. Be sure to let me know if you have any other questions! :)

This discussion has been closed.