Cannot "cut and paste" the username and password into Bullguard login.

I have Bullguard Security on my MAC. Cannot "cut and paste" the username and password from 1Password into the Bullguard login.

1Password Version: 1 Password 6
Extension Version: 6.7.1
OS Version: 10.12.4
Sync Type: Dropbox
Referrer: forum-search:bullguard

Comments

• matthew_ag
    matthew_ag
    1Password Alumni

Hey @efgzipq,

Thanks for writing in and sorry about the trouble copying & pasting the login details into Bullguard Security. It sounds like you want to fill in the username and password into the Bullguard Security app that runs on your Mac rather than the website, would that be correct?

If that is the case then the copying and pasting of data into that app's login form is entirely controlled by Bullguard Security. With a webpage, using the 1Password browser extension allow 1Password to modify the web page by automatically inserting your username & passwords. With normal Mac apps though, there isn't any such mechanism to ensure 1Password can fill them.

I'm afraid the only workaround is to manually copy the details from the 1Password for Mac app into the Bullguard Security app. 1Password for Mac does have a convenience feature known as Large Type which could help with this. It allows you to temporarily display the password in big clear letters in it's own window to make it easier to copy manually.

To use Large Type:

1. Open 1Password for Mac and find your Bullguard Security Login item.
    2. Click the Login item to show it's details on the right-hand-side.
    3. Click the drop-down beside the Password field and click "large type" (see screenshot below):

4. This will display the password in a new window in large and clear lettering.

Pro Tip: By default the password window will hide if you click away. To keep the password displayed as you move to the Bullguard Security app, drag the password window a little.

5. Then it should be more convenient to fill in the password manually.

I hope that helps. Please let us know if we can be of further assistance.

Best regards,
    Matthew

This discussion has been closed.