Version 4 and 6 in parallel

bjohnson3
bjohnson3
Community Member

I have been using 1Password v4 for years as my personal password manager. We have recently started using 1Password for Teams (v6) at work. How can I use both versions on the same PC? It seems I can continue to use 1Password v4 without issue, however, I can't seem to log into 1Password v6 for work.

1Password Version: 6
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 10
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:version 4 and 6

Comments

• Hi @bjohnson3,

We don't recommending running both 1Password 4 and 1Password 6 on the same PC. If they were actually run in isolation it might be fine, but as soon as you get browser extensions involved you'll probably run into issues.

Those issues shouldn't be stopping version 6 from being able to sign in though. Can you tell us what kind of error you're getting?

Rick

• bjohnson3
    bjohnson3
    Community Member

I do not receive an error message. When I enter my master password to login it just fails:

• @bjohnson3 : did you previously add your account to 1Password 6? Has it ever worked correctly on this PC? It might be best to take this to email and have you give us a diagnostics report from the PC so that we can look into it. You can do that by following the instructions on this page:
    https://support.1password.com/diagnostics/

Include a link to this forum thread in the email so that we can put two and two together.

Rick

• bjohnson3
    bjohnson3
    Community Member

It never worked on this PC. 1Password v4 was already installed and working. I installed 1Password 6 and could never login. I can't remember if I ever entered my account information in 1Password v6.

I can't login to 1Password v6 to generate the diagnostics report.

• @bjohnson3 : can you follow the instructions on this page for starting over with 1Password 6?
    https://support.1password.com/starting-over/

Once that's done I'm hoping that you can re-start it and it should ask you to add your account to it.

Rick

• bjohnson3
    bjohnson3
    Community Member

That worked! Thanks for you help.

• You're welcome. Let us know if you have any more questions.

Rick

This discussion has been closed.