To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

New computer: how to login?

Options
This discussion was created from comments split from: Password problems.

Comments

• kcw
    kcw
    Community Member
    Options

Hi, I installed the free version of 1password in September last year but there was an issue with the version and my Mac so I bought 1password off the App Store. I created a new account and a new Master password. Last week, I got a new Macbook and downloaded 1password from the App Store. However, my new Mac has got the previous free version and I cannot log in to the paid version I was using. Please advise.

• Ben
    Options

Hi @kcw,

Thanks for taking the time to write in.

Since you purchased from Apple through the App Store you'd need to install 1Password while logged into the App Store using the same Apple ID that you originally used to purchase.

I hope that helps. Should you have any other questions or concerns, please feel free to ask.

Ben

• kcw
    kcw
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Ben,

I did this but I need to log out of the free version of 1password on my Mac and login with the password from the paid app. How can I do this? Every time I open 1password, it is not the right version.

Thanks

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @kcw,

I'm not sure if I understand what you're seeing on your end. Can you let us know what you mean by "free version"? Do you mean it shows a message about being in read-only mode? What do you see when you open the main 1Password app on your Mac?

You said you had created a new account. Do you mean you signed up for a new account on 1Password.com? If so, have you signed into that account in the 1Password app on your new MacBook? If not, and if you don't see the 'Welcome' screen when you launch the main app, you can go to 1Password > Preferences from the menu bar, select the Accounts tab, and add/sign into your account there.

If that doesn't help, please let us know more details about what isn't working correctly, what you see when you open the app, the exact steps you're taking in 1Password, whether or not you signed up for an account on 1Password.com and if you've signed into that account in the app, any error messages you receive, and so on. Once we understand what's happening on your end, we'll have a much better idea of how to get this all sorted out. Thanks in advance! :)

This discussion has been closed.