1Password 6 Version 6.7.1 (671001) AgileBits Store

hagmgoe
hagmgoe
Community Member

Is not updating, when the request during app is coming, upload is i.O. but no further actions.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• hagmgoe
    hagmgoe
    Community Member

I have reinstall the app from the homepage, and the Programm has the same problem (1Password Updater Version 6.7.1 (671001))

• Hi @hagmgoe,

1Password 6.7.1 is the latest (non-beta) version of 1Password. Can you tell us what you're trying to update to? Can you post a screenshot of any errors you're seeing?

Thanks

Rick

• hagmgoe
    hagmgoe
    Community Member

And the app (browser plugin) is not working on this support side

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

Thank you for the screenshot, @hagmgoe! It looks like you're trying to install 6.8.BETA-4, which is currently the latest beta version of 1Password for Mac. I don't know why you're getting that error message, but I'm curious if there's a specific reason you're trying to install the beta? Do you normally help us test beta versions of 1Password, or does the beta include a fix for a problem you're experiencing? Is this related to the issue with the browser extension that you mentioned?

If you're sure you want to install the beta but keep getting that error, you can download the installer for the beta version here: https://1password.com/downloads/#betas

If you didn't mean to install the beta, then you should turn off the option to check for beta updates. In the main 1Password app, go to 1Password > Preferences in the menu bar, select the Updates tab, and un-check the option for "Include beta builds".

I hope this helps, but please let us know if you need anything else! :)

• hagmgoe
    hagmgoe
    Community Member

Hallo I have installed the beta according the link from you, unfortunately I receive the same problem.

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

Hi @hagmgoe,

According to that screenshot, you're still running version 6.7.1 (the latest stable release). But I think that's my fault, because the link I gave you to download the beta version doesn't seem to be working correctly. I'm very sorry for the confusion! If you want to install the beta, please follow these steps:

• Open the main 1Password app, then hold the control key and go to 1Password > Quit 1Password and 1Password mini in the menu bar.
    • In the Finder, go to the Applications folder and drag the 1Password 6.app file to the Trash (do not use any app cleaning tools, as they can accidentally delete your data).
    • Go to our download site.
    • Click the "Enable betas" link near the top right corner of that page, then click the Download beta button under 1Password for Mac.
    • Double-click the 1Password-6.8.BETA-4.zip file to unzip it.
    • Move the new 1Password 6.app file to the Applications folder.

Does that help? Please let us know how it goes, thanks! :)

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

Hi @hagmgoe,

I wanted to follow up again to ask if you're sure you want to install the beta version? The reason I ask is because the beta will undoubtably include some bugs, which is why it's a beta and not a regular, stable release. The public beta is available for customers who are interested in helping us test pre-release versions so we can find and fix bugs before releasing a stable update to the rest of our customers.

If you'd like to help us test the beta version, you can go ahead and follow the steps I sent you earlier.

On the other hand, if you don't have a particular reason for using the beta, I strongly recommend sticking with the latest stable release, which is currently version 6.7.1. To stop being notified of beta updates, open the main 1Password app and go to 1Password > Preferences in the menu bar, select the Updates tab, and un-check the option for "Include beta builds". After that, you'll only be notified when a regular update is available.

If you have any questions about that, please let us know! :)

• hagmgoe
    hagmgoe
    Community Member

Thanks with the help the latest beta version is running

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

You're very welcome, @hagmgoe! Glad to hear the beta is installed and working now. You can post about issues or give feedback about it in our Mac Beta forum. Cheers! :)

This discussion has been closed.