1PW not working on nytimes.com

On my imac, I set up my account on nytimes.com with 1PW. But 1PW now takes me straight to the main page, without logging me in. When I try to log in with their pop up window, it doesn't work. I have to copy and paste by hand to log in. Other sites work fine.

1Password Version: 6.7
Extension Version: 4.6.6.90
OS Version: OS X 10.12.5
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:NYTimes.com. 1PW takes me straight to the main page (not logged in); won't work on log in page

Comments

• glennmorgan54
    glennmorgan54
    Community Member

Forgot to mention, I'm working in Chrome.

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

Hi @glennmorgan54,

It sounds like you're running into an issue that our developers are aware of. The problem is that the popup login window on nytimes.com is dismissed automatically when there is any activity in the main page. Basically, the 1Password extension accidentally causes that popup window to close before it can fill the login credentials.

I'm sorry for the inconvenience! Hopefully we'll be able to improve this in a future update. For now, you'll need to either copy/paste your login credentials into the popup window, or you can use the alternate login site: https://myaccount.nytimes.com/auth/login

If you need anything else or have more questions about that, please let us know. Cheers! :)

ref: OPX-934

• glennmorgan54
    glennmorgan54
    Community Member

Great. Thank you. I changed to the alternate login site and it works like it should.

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

You're very welcome! I'm glad the alternate login site works well for you. We're here for you if you need anything else! :)

This discussion has been closed.