Support pages for traditional vault creation, syncing, etc.

Options
toddtimes
toddtimes
Community Member

I was trying to locate support docs to share with colleagues who are using a licensed version of 1Password rather than one of the subscription accounts. I can't find these anywhere on the 1Password Support website. I know the company is moving strongly towards this model but you're still selling licenses for the traditional software licensed version and those of us using it could really benefit from access to those docs.

As an example:
https://support.1password.com/create-share-vaults/

This page is totally worthless when using vaults stored locally in my Dropbox. Does anyone know how to access the old support docs that deal with the traditional version of 1Password?

1Password Version: 6.7
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.12.5
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @toddtimes,

Thanks for writing in to ask us about support documentation for the standalone apps! Our documentation team has been migrating information from our old user manuals to our general support site. A lot of the information that applies to standalone apps has already been moved there, but there are still some articles that need to be updated and moved to our knowledgebase. I'm sorry for the inconvenience!

You mentioned needing information about syncing, and that information has already been migrated. You can find it here: Sync your 1Password data

As for creating a new vault, it looks like we don't have that in the knowledgebase yet, but there's not much your colleagues would need to know. In the 1Password for Mac app, you can create a new vault by going to 1Password > New Vault in the menu bar.

Again, I'm very sorry you've been having trouble finding the information you're looking for! If you need more help with some features of 1Password and can't find anything on our support site, please feel free to ask us, and we'll be happy to help you with that. Cheers! :)

• toddtimes
    toddtimes
    Community Member
    Options

@Drew_AG thanks for the response. Where can I find the old user manuals? Seems like these would be very useful to have while that documentation is being transitioned but hasn't arrived yet.

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @toddtimes,

The old guides were removed because they contained inaccurate information. But I think most of the important information can be found on our current support site. Is there anything in particular you're looking for but can't find? If we don't have a support article for it, we'll be more than happy to help you here.

This discussion has been closed.