Auto type - configuring fill speed

Hi

I wondered, is it possible to slow down the auto-type feature. I use remote control software that can't handle the speed at which 1password fills the password. This means I cannot use the auto-type feature to fill passwords.
Any help or comment will be welcome.
Thanks
Rick B

1Password Version: 4.6. 1.620
Extension Version: 4.6.6.90
OS Version: Windows 10 Creator
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@rickb212: Hmm. No, that isn't configurable. Oddly enough, I've always felt that Auto-Type was a bit too slow. Are you just running into this issue due to a slow connection? It may be simplest to copy and paste instead if this is a network issue or limitation of the software you're using. Let me know what you think!

• rickb212
    rickb212
    Community Member
    edited June 2017

Hi Brenty

Thanks for the reply, I am trying to use auto-type on various speed connections, and it seems to be consistently unreliable. I do use copy and paste and this works well for most website pages, however I do login to many computers which are at the Windows login screen, and copy / past doesn't work with that screen. I think Microsoft disabled the function a few years ago.
    Rick

• @rickb212 Thanks for getting back to us. We're sorry for the inconvenience but the Auto-Type fill speed won't be configurable. Regarding the remote control software: is it possible to activate copy and paste somewhere? I use it often for logging into virtual machines that I run on my Mac and I can easily paste the passwords on the Windows login screen.

This discussion has been closed.