To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

I just set up a 1Password account. Want to sync with 1Password Cloud not dropbox.

Options
qdropout
qdropout
Community Member

I have opened a 1Password account & now want to sync only with the 1Password cloud & not dropbox. Where should the 1Password.opvault file in my dropbox folder now be located?

1Password Version: 6.7.1 (Agile Bit)
Extension Version: 4.6.6.90
OS Version: OS 10.12.9
Sync Type: 1Password Account
Referrer: forum-search:Where should my 1password.opvault file be stored on my mac.

Comments

• Frank
    edited June 2017
    Options

Hi @qdropout - It's great to hear you signed up for a 1Password membership. Once you have migrated all your existing data to your new Personal/Private vault, you can delete your Primary vault from the apps.

Going forward, you will use your Personal/Private vault. Anytime you add a new item to your Personal/Private vault, as long as your signed into your account, the new item will sync across your devices in addition to the web. You can leave the .opvault file within Dropbox, after you have migrated your existing data over to the new account, it's completely up to you. Just make sure you're sign into your account on all your devices.

If you have any additional questions, let us know, and we'll be happy to assist :smile:

• qdropout
    qdropout
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks. Can I just delete the .opvault file in dropbox or move it somewhere.

• Frank
    Options

Hi @qdropout - You're welcome. If you migrated your existing data over to the new 1Password.com account then yes. The decision is completely up to you. I actually kept my .opvault file in Dropbox. I tend to never delete anything unless I have to but you can definitely delete it - just make sure all your data has been migrated over to the new account before deleting anything :wink:

• qdropout
    qdropout
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks again. I have successfully migrated & deleted my .opvault file in dropbox.

In your previous message, are you saying that I should always stay signed in to all devices in order to sync new items?

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@qdropout: While you can certainly sign out and sign back in later to access your data (downloading the encrypted database from 1Password.com is much faster than Dropbox or iCloud), it shouldn't be necessary to do this. The syncing isn't the hard part for you; that's easy. But repeatedly logging in and out just seems like a lot of extra work unless there's a specific reason you need to do that. Let me know what you think. :)

• qdropout
    qdropout
    Community Member
    Options

Do you need to be signed in to all devices to sync?

• Frank
    Options

Hi @qdropout - Yes, in order for auto-sync to properly work, you'll need to be signed into your 1Password.com account across your devices. :+1: I hope this helped clarify things a bit more. Let us know if you have any additional questions.

This discussion has been closed.