Unable to install standalone 1Password6 on Ipad.

Options
RustyRoy
RustyRoy
Community Member
edited June 2017 in iOS

I have a license for a stand alone 1Password6 which I have been using on my Mac vers 10.12.5, Iphone and ipad. I was having difficulty using 1Password on my ipad so I decided to delete it and reload. Re-Install the app had proved difficult. It is working on all my other devices. I requested and received a new email with license information. It includes a link to download 1Password and a second link to "Apply your 1 Password License". I opened the email, download and launched the app. The app opens with the default screen for a new user. I clicked on the "Apply your 1 Password License" link and the license key appeared. The key was displayed using a PDF application I had on my i-pad. I deleted that PDF application tried again and the the license key was displayed using WebDAV Nav. The key was not applied and it did not unlock the application. I have not been able select/copy the key and do not see anywhere to apply it into the app if I could copy it. How do I re-install this on my Ipad. All of my mobile devices have the current IOS loaded. Help would be appreciated.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.3.2
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Ben
    Options

Hi @RustyRoy,

Thanks for taking the time to write in.

1Password for iOS does not use a license key/file. It is a freely downloadable app (you can download it here: http://j.mp/1PasCS ) with an in-app purchase for Pro features. Once you install it, if you want to use it standalone (sans-1Password.com membership) you need to select one of the options below 1Password.com (scroll down) to sync your data with your other devices.

Please remember that when using 1Password standalone you're responsible for configuring syncing and backups. AgileBits does not handle this for you, and we do not store your encrypted data. By default it is only stored on the device you enter it on. If you set up syncing with a 3rd party like Dropbox or iCloud it'll also be stored there.

I hope that helps. Should you have any other questions or concerns, please feel free to ask.

Ben

• RustyRoy
    RustyRoy
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks Ben ... it was not obvious that more options existed off screen. Everything working fine now.

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

On behalf of Ben, you're very welcome! I'm glad to hear that helped, and I'm sorry those options weren't more obvious. Hopefully we can improve that in future versions.

Hopefully you're all set now, but if you need more help or have any questions, just let us know. Cheers! :)

This discussion has been closed.