Stuck on the login screen

suguruasai
suguruasai
Community Member
edited June 2017 in Android

Hello. Today I've installed 1Password from Google Play Store and tried to login with my 1Password membership (Family plan).

However when I open 1Password, it shows me like

Welcome to 1Password

Used 1Password before?

[Dropbox]
[WLAN server]
[Local storage]

And could not find the way to scan my QR code documented here https://support.1password.com/1password-setup/?android#set-up-the-apps
Additionally I've read https://support.1password.com/wlan-server/ to use WLAN server but I could not find any corresponding preference on my 1Password client on iOS or macOS.

So my question is simple. How to use my 1Password membership which I'm using in iOS and macOS on Android?

Thank you for your cooperation.

1Password Version: 6.5.2
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Android 4.2.2
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• suguruasai
    suguruasai
    Community Member

It seems I've facing exactly same issue as https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/79216/how-do-i-sign-in#latest

The following is what I've seen on my screen. No way to scan my QR code.

And what I've tried are

1. Uninstall and Install 1Password
    2. Remove all cache and data of 1Password and uninstall/re-install
    3. Find a way to use WLAN from my iOS or macOS

and non of above works.

• Hi @suguruasai. Thanks for reaching out!

1Password accounts are supported on Android devices running Android 5.0 (Lollipop) or later. In the description above, it looks like your device is running KitKat, in which case you won't have the option of signing into your account. Our new service requires cryptography algorithms available within Android 5.0 and the performance of these algorithms in 5.0 is much faster.

Are you able to update Android on your device to 5.0 or later? If so, please do and you'll be able ot sign in. Otherwise, we'll indeed need to create a local vault on your Mac and sync over WLAN or Dropbox with Android.

Let me know if you're able to update!

• suguruasai
    suguruasai
    Community Member

Got it. I'll try to update my device 'nd come back.

Thanks for pointing me a direction :-)

• suguruasai
    suguruasai
    Community Member

Unfortunately, I've found that my device does not support Android 5.0 or later officially.

So now I'm wondering how can I get WLAN or Dropbox thing what you've mentioned.

Otherwise, we'll indeed need to create a local vault on your Mac and sync over WLAN or Dropbox with Android.

Thanks for you help :chuffed:

• Sorry to hear that, @suguruasai. What we'll do instead is create a separate local vault on your Mac which you can sync with Android. One thing to note is that this vault will be completely separate from your account, so it won't be backed up to 1Password.com, and changes you make in the account won't sync to the local vault and vice versa.

That said, launch and unlock 1Password on your Mac, and from the menu bar, select 1Password > Preferences. Click on the Advanced tab, and then check the box for Local vaults. This will allow you to create a new local vault outside of your 1Password account.

Once you have the vault, copy the data from your account into the Primary (local) vault. Make sure to choose Copy, as Move will remove it from the account rather than duplicating it.

Once you have that, you'll just need to sync it with 1Password on Android.

Give that a shot and let me know how it goes! Thanks!

This discussion has been closed.