Sharing computers with two different virtual environments

DDH
DDH
Community Member

My wife and I each have a MacBook and share an iMac at home. I set up a separate user account for each of us on the iMac and am using iCloud to syncronize our contacts, email, etc. between our respective MacBooks and the iMac. When I log into my wife's user account on the iMac, 1Password only accepts my password and the vaults all come up empty. How do I synchronize 1Password with our respective MacBooks and our separate user accounts on the iMac. When my wife logs into her user account on the iMac, I want everything to be the same as her MacBook.

1Password Version: 6
Extension Version: 6.71
OS Version: 10.12.4
Sync Type: 1Password Subscription

Comments

• Hi @DDH,

Thanks for taking the time to write in.

iCloud does not allow 3rd party app data (such as 1Password data) to be synchronized between two different accounts, and as such it isn't going to be a viable solution for you here.

It looks like you have a 1Password Families subscription account, which would be the way to go for this. You haven't yet invited your wife to your family, so the first step would be to do so. Instructions on inviting people to your family can be found here:

Share passwords with your family

I hope that helps. Should you have any other questions or concerns, please feel free to ask.

Ben

• DDH
    DDH
    Community Member

I have gone into the Admin Console on the 1Password web site and my wife is set up as a Family Member. I am not using iCloud for syncing. I am using the 1Password subscription account. I am still confused.

• @DDH,

My apologies. When I looked at your membership earlier I didn't see her, but on second glance I do.

Is your wife signed into her 1Password account within your membership on all of her devices? Do you see a "Primary" vault on any of them?

Please let us know.

Ben

• DDH
    DDH
    Community Member

This is not working. I have changed my wife's Master Password through the recovery process and it won't let me sign in at all using her new Master Password on her MacBook. On the family iMac, when she is signed on as the user, the sign only accepts my Master Password but not her Master Password. When she signs in using my Master Password, the vault is empty. When I switch users on the family iMac, where I am signed on as the user, it accept my Master Password and works ok.

My Master Password works on my MacBook Pro and on the family iMac with me signed on as the User. I need her to have her own Master Password that works on her MacBook Air and on the family iMac with her signed in as the User.

• Ben
    Ben
    edited June 2017

@DDH,

I'd like to ask you to create some diagnostics reports, one from each of the devices (while signed in as her):

Attach the diagnostics to an email message addressed to support+forum@agilebits.com.

With your email please include:

• A link to this thread:
      https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/78759/

• Your forum username: DDH

That way we can "connect the dots" when we see your diagnostics in our inbox.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number.  Please post that number here so we can track down the diagnostics and ensure that this issue is dealt with quickly. :)

Once we see the diagnostics we'll be able to better assist you. Thanks very much!

Ben

This discussion has been closed.