Sync and Dropbox questions

Options
terrin
terrin
Community Member

I am forbidden to use Dropbox on my work laptop. How can I sync passwords without using Dropbox on that laptop? I do have Dropbox and sync with Dropbox on my other computer and phone.
If I delete Dropbox from my work laptop, what will be affected?

1Password Version: 4.6.1.620
Extension Version: 4.6.6.90
OS Version: Windows 7 enterprise
Sync Type: ?
Referrer: forum-search:sync

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@terrin: If you uninstall the Dropbox app, your data will not be affected. You simply won't be able to keep in in sync there any longer. While you could manually copy your data over between computers, this is much more problematic with iOS devices. You may want to consider a 1Password.com membership, since it gives you access to all of the apps, the web interface, and does away with license management and sync configuration altogether — you simply login to your account to authorize a device and access your data. And specifically in your case that may allow you to continue to have your data sync (or access it through the website if you're not allowed to install 1Password either). You can try it for free for 30 days to see if that works for your situation. I hope this helps. Be sure to let me know if you have any other questions! :)

This discussion has been closed.