Change Admin name

BIPSUP
BIPSUP
Community Member

Hi, i would like to change the admin name. How do i do this?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:change name

Comments

• Hi @BIPSUP - Thank you for reaching out to us. Can you clarify this a bit more for me? I just want to make sure we're on the same page so I can answer your question completely. Are you trying to add a new Admin or change Admins on the account? If you're trying to change the Administrator's Group name, this can't be done since it's a default group. Keep us posted and we'll do our best to assist you :smile:

• BIPSUP
    BIPSUP
    Community Member

@Frank - thnx for your reply, my problem is about the second situation you describe.

I registered the 1password account with emailadress: example@company.com and under the name: John Doe

I would like to change the name from John Doe to BIP SUP. (example)

is this possible?

• john_m
    john_m
    1Password Alumni

Hi @BIPSUP!

If you want to change the name of a member of your team, you can do so from the Admin Console for your account (sign into the web interface, click the account name in the top-right corner and choose Admin Console). Go into "Team Members", then click on the first name of the team member in question, and then on the left click "Edit". This can by done by any administrator on the account.

If you want to change your own name, normally this is possible from your "My Profile" page (click the account name in the top-right corner and choose "My Profile"); this can be done by any member of your account. There is an issue presently where the edit control there is missing, and this will be corrected in a future update.

If you want to rename the entire account (not a member's name), this can be done by clicking the account name in the top-right corner and choosing "Team Settings". From there, the team's display name (and sign-in address) can be changed. This can be done by any owner on the account. Note: the sign-in address is one of the main details required for authentication, so changing the sign-in address for your account will require you to re-authenticate in the apps; it will also invalidate any previously saved and/or printed Emergency Kits you have, so be sure to refresh those afterwards!

I hope that helps! :chuffed:

This discussion has been closed.