To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Provide ability to not sync a vault to clients

Options
kop48
kop48
Community Member

I have a vault in my account that's there for archival purposes. It would be ideal if we could mark it globally as not being sync-able to clients. Would love to see this feature implemented :)

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Ben
    Options

Hi @kop48,

Thanks for taking the time to write in.

You could accomplish this with Travel Mode. It isn't exactly what that feature was designed for, but it'll work. :)

Use Travel Mode to remove vaults from your devices when you travel - 1Password Support

Ben

• kop48
    kop48
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @Ben ,

This won't work, as you then have to put each client into Travel mode in perpetuity, which seems to defeat the purpose of that feature...

Cheers,

Jonathan

• Frank
    Options

Hi @kop48 - We appreciate the clarification and I'll pass this along to the team. Maybe it's something we can work on implementing in the future. Thank you again for taking the time to share this with us :+1: Enjoy the rest of your day!

• Ben
    Options

To add to what Frank said, I disagree with your premise that the purpose of Travel Mode is defeated by using it this way. If you were to actually travel you could add additional vaults to Travel Mode at that point, and then remove them from Travel Mode when you've reached your destination/home.

The devices would always be in Travel Mode, yes, but: so what?

I still think this could be a workable solution to this problem, and in fact I think I may use it for my own archive vault. :)

Ben

• kop48
    kop48
    Community Member
    Options

The disadvantage is that I have to instruct the rest of my family to switch to travel mode, which will get confusing for them...

• Ben
    Options

Why would you need to do that? Are you sharing the archive vault with them?

Ben

• kop48
    kop48
    Community Member
    Options

Correct, this is in a 1Password for Families account.

• Ben
    Options

I understand, but not all vaults are shared by default.

Thanks for the feedback. :)

Ben

This discussion has been closed.