Sync to usb stick, deleted the data from the stick and now can't sync to another stick.

Options
peter_sutton
peter_sutton
Community Member

I am running Mac OS X Yosemite 10.10.5. I am about to buy another mac so synced 1Password to a USB stick in order to transfer it but the stick I used had far more memory than I needed and I wanted it for something else so I deleted the synced 1Password file from it and tried to sync to another USB stick but 1Password thinks it is still synced to the old stick which now has no data on it because like a dummy I deleted it. I am now unable to sync the data again to transfer to the new Mac and I can't find a way round this. Help please.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OS X 10.10.5
Sync Type: USB memory stick

Comments

• Ben
    Options

Hi @peter_sutton

Thanks for taking the time to write in. As this is unrelated to a 1Password.com account I've moved your question over to our Mac forum where it can get the proper attention.

We do not support syncing to removable volumes, such as USB sticks. If you choose to do so it is at your own risk. Our recommendation would be to migrate to a 1Password.com account, so that on any new devices you can simply sign into your account in order to access your data. You can read more about the benefits of that here:

What are the benefits of a 1Password membership?

If you'd rather not do that, then our next recommendation would be to sync using Dropbox or iCloud:

Sync your 1Password data

This is a more advanced option as it requires more manual configuration.

The final way we'd recommend doing this, and the most advanced option, would be to export the data to a 1PIF file (which is not encrypted). I'd only recommend this if for some reason you have to sneaker net your information. This can be done from the File > Export menu.

I hope that helps. Should you have any other questions or concerns, please feel free to ask.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.