To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

I cannot get account details from my iPhone or Secret Key or Setup code. There is no Reveal button.

Options
randy_wong
randy_wong
Community Member

I have been using 1Password on my iPhones for a few years but when I follow the instructions to get my account information it does not have a reveal button or any way to get the secret key or setup code. I want to use this information to add the account to my Mac.

1Password Version: 6.7.1
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.3.2
Sync Type: iCloud
Referrer: forum-search:I cannot get account details from my iPhone or Secret Key or Setup code. There is no Reveal button.

Comments

• thightower
    thightower
    Community Member
    edited June 2017
    Options

@randy_wong

In the 1Password settings for the app.

Tap 1Password accounts > Tap the name of your account > Tap reveal your secret key.

Sounds like you are looking at an item saved in your 1Password login details maybe. I had an account before that process started (I think I recall it auto saving now). Hence my just having you go into settings.

The above is working on my end, if it doesn't for you. You may need to wait on the staff for further assistance.

• Hi @randy_wong,

Try thightower's advice. I suspect that it'll do the trick for you. When I navigate to my account under Settings I'm given the option to reveal the secret key, or display the setup code (sometimes called Account Details).

Let us know how that goes.

Rick

• randy_wong
    randy_wong
    Community Member
    Options

Apparently, I could not find it because I didn't have a regular account for 1Password. I had the app on my iphone, but no account?

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@randy_wong: Ah, indeed, it sounds like you may be trying to login with a 1Password Account, but you will only have one if you've signed up for a 1Password.com membership. That’s the only way you’ll have an Secret Key or Sign In URL, or be able to access your data through 1Password.com. Instead, you can use 1Password without an account you can sync your data from another device or create a new vault.

However, you may want to consider a 1Password subscription, since it will give you access to all of the apps, the web interface, and does away with license management and sync configuration altogether — you simply login to your account to authorize a device and access your data:

1Password.com

I hope this helps. Be sure to let us know if you have any other questions! :)

This discussion has been closed.