Can't get app to work on Samsung Galaxy T3 tablet

Norme
Norme
Community Member
edited June 2017 in Android

I am using 1password 6 via my laptop. I installed the app on my moto E smart phone Android version 5.1. I signed in, it syncs with my account through the cloud and it works great. I am trying to make it do the same on my Samsung Galaxy T3 Android version 4.4.2. Instead upon installation I am prompted asking If I am using using Dropbox-WLAN server or Local storage. Should it not let me sign in, sync through the cloud, and work on my tablet like it does on my phone.
Thanks

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Norme
    Norme
    Community Member

Through some research I think I answered my own question. 1password 6 requires Android 5.0 Lollipop or higher. 1password 4 will work across my devices but doesn't do cloud syncing that I can determine. I would have to downgrade to 4 and play with dropbox to include my tablet, as It won't be upgraded to Lollipop according to the research I have done.

• Hi @Norme. 1Password 6 does indeed work with KitKat, but you won't be able to use our 1Password.com service on it (which is what requires 5.0). If you're using a 1Password.com account, you'll need to create a separate local vault to sync with this Android if you're not able to update it.

Can you follow the steps I posted here to do so? Let me know how that goes!

This discussion has been closed.