To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Can’t login to my 1P account!

Options
imacken
imacken
Community Member

I’m trying to reinstall 1Password on my Mac, and I can’t login to my account to download 1Password.
I am using my email address, the correct secret key and the correct master password (as it unlocks 1P on my other devices).
Any help appreciated!

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Tully
    Tully
    1Password Alumni
    edited June 2017
    Options

Hi @imacken,

As I understand from your post you're having trouble logging in to your account on 1Password.com. If so, the best place to start would be our article on If you can't sign in to your account on 1Password.com which sets out a few things to check, such as making sure you're using the right Master Password in the right place. You may also have record of your Master Password in your Emergency Kit, which you're prompted to save, print and store securely when you create an account, or (depending on when you signed up) in an automatically generated 1Password Account login in your Personal vault (should you have access to your account from one of your existing devices).

I hope this helps – I see you've already been in touch with us via email, so I'll write you back shortly and we can pick up this conversation over there. We should have you up and running with 1Password across all your devices in short order, but until then thanks for posting, and for using 1Password!

ref: ISB-49274-717

• imacken
    imacken
    Community Member
    Options

Hi, thanks for that. I am confused however. Is my Master password not the one I use in the apps and on Windows to access 1P?

• Tully
    Tully
    1Password Alumni
    Options

In almost all cases the Master Password for your account (used to log in at 1Password.com) and the Master Password in your apps will be the same; it's possible, however, that the Master Password used to unlock an app winds up something different. This most often occurs for longtime 1Password users, who had the app set up with a vault or vaults before they had an account. In this case, while you need both the Secret Key and Master Password used on 1Password.com to add the account to the app, after your original Master Password (i.e. the one you set up when you set up the app) will unlock all associated vaults and accounts thereafter.

It sounds complicated, but we should be able to sort it – I'll send you an email now and we can take it from there. Thanks!

• imacken
    imacken
    Community Member
    Options

Good grief! I'm a bit lost! Yes, I had 1P vaults before I had an account. I really need to access my account so that I can download 1P and get it reinstalled on my Mac.

• danco
    danco
    Volunteer Moderator
    Options

But actual download and installation does not require an account. Using it is a different matter.

• imacken
    imacken
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks, I thought I had to login to download.
    So I downloaded from the site and everything is good. My email address, secret code and master password all work fine.
    The only thing is, I still can't login to my account with the same details.
    Tully said he would send me an email, but I didn't receive anything.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@imacken: I've replied via email. Let's continue the conversation there to avoid confusing back and forth. :)

ref: ISB-49274-717

This discussion has been closed.