My secret info. Jeeez.

Options
pb4072
pb4072
Community Member

I'm tired of this app. On my Mac and on my iPhone, my account isn't even listed! And, I've had this app for over two years. So, to add my account, I have to fill in all this nonsense which I've never heard of. And, it says, to get that information, I choose "get the app" from the right side. It ain't there. I'm seriously looking at alternatives now.

1Password Version: 6.2
Extension Version: 4.6.6.90
OS Version: 10.12.5
Sync Type: iCloud

Comments

• pb4072
    pb4072
    Community Member
    Options

What do you mean, leave a comment? How stupid is this? I just typed out a discussion topic. Ain't that enough?

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @pb4072,

I'm sorry you're having a bit of trouble with 1Password on your Mac and iPhone! You didn't describe exactly what you're trying to do or the steps you're taking, but it sounds like you're trying to sign into a 1Password.com account. Can you please describe exactly when/where you're being asked for that information? Did you install the 1Password app on a new device and are trying to set it up for the first time? Or are you trying to sign into the 1Password.com website? Or something else?

So, to add my account, I have to fill in all this nonsense which I've never heard of.

Are you sure you have an account? A 1Password.com account is a new subscription service we introduced last year. You said you've been using the 1Password apps longer than that - if you've never heard of the information you're being asked for, you probably don't have an account on 1Password.com. If you're trying to set up the 1Password app on a new device, you'll need to select one of the other options from the first screen. For example, if you've been syncing your 1Password data via Dropbox, you'll want to select the Dropbox option.

If you can let us know more about what you're trying to do and the steps you're taking, we should be able to give more specific instructions.

What do you mean, leave a comment? How stupid is this? I just typed out a discussion topic. Ain't that enough?

You posted your message on our support forum. The "Leave a Comment" section is where we reply to your message, or where you would post another message to this thread. For example, I'm currently typing this message to you in the "Leave a Comment" section. When you're waiting to hear back from us, there's no need to leave a new comment unless you have something new to say. ;)

Looking forward to hearing back from you! :)

This discussion has been closed.