Only default icons are displayed

mstiller
mstiller
Community Member
edited April 2023 in 1Password 7 for Windows

The new 1Password 6 Windows Client doesn't display any proper login icons (e.g. for Amazon, Netflix, etc.) comparing to the Web Client. Only the default icon is displayed... :(

1Password Version: 6.1.286d
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 10
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@mstiller: I'm sorry for the confusion! The new 1Password 6 Windows desktop app doesn't support Rich Icons currently. We added them in a previous beta, there are issues we need to address before they're enabled again, but we'll be adding that feature in a future update. Thanks for letting us know it's important to you! :)

• amswitzer
    amswitzer
    Community Member

If it helps, also important to me.

• Hi @amswitzer,

Thanks for writing in to let us know that.

Rich Icons is one of the top most requested features and we will add it as soon as we can, the issue isn't the feature but the instability it caused the program when loading a lot of icons. Once we figure out the performance/stability issues, we'll bring it back.

• amswitzer
    amswitzer
    Community Member

Thanks for the update.

• You're welcome!

• tootsman
    tootsman
    Community Member

VERY IMPORTANT SUBJECT TO ME, please update when feature is enabled... its the only reason i would purchase this software.

• Thanks for letting us know this is important to you.

We will announce the feature in our changelog as soon as it is available.

• tootsman
    tootsman
    Community Member

because its a matter of time only i went ahead and sgined up for a year.

thank you for the quick respose (another reason i sgined up so fast )

• Hi @tootsman,

You're welcome and we'll get that Rich Icons in as soon as humanly possible. If there's anything else that is important to you as well, let us know.

• mstiller
    mstiller
    Community Member

Really looking forward to this feature.... Thanks :+1:

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Likewise! Cheers! :)

• macleodal
    macleodal
    Community Member

Yeah. Important for me too. Waited a long time for v6 and been through a LOT of pain this evening moving various devices over to 1Pv6, removing archives, reinstalling, etc etc - so after all that to find a key piece of functionality missing was disappointing...

Hope it's fixed soon!

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Thanks for reaching out! As soon as it's ready so it no longer causes issues for people, we'll add it again. :)

• tootsman
    tootsman
    Community Member

I AM STILL AWAITING THE SOLUTION TO THIS ISSUE... PLEASE NOTE THAT I AM NOW HALF WAY THROUGH MY 1 YEAR SUBSCRIPTION WHICH I PAID FOR BECAUSE I LOVED THIS FEATURE OF THE PROGRAM. I WILL NOT BE RENEWING MY SUBSCRIPTION IF THIS FEATURE IS NOT WORKING BY THE END OF MY YEAR.

• Hi @tootsman,

Thanks for letting us know and we do understand, Rich Icons is an important feature for many users and we have every intentions to get it implemented as fast as we can. However, we are not going to prioritize this over the stability and performance of the program nor other features that are more requested than Rich Icons. We don't have a timeframe on when it'll happen and we cannot promise that it'll happen before your subscription ends.

• tootsman
    tootsman
    Community Member

sounds great, there is 289 days left on my subscription, hope its back by then, if not thanks anyways.

• If there are other things you'd like to see alongside Rich Icons, please do let us know, so we can confirm it is on the list.

• tootsman
    tootsman
    Community Member

Hello,

Are there any updated on the rich icons?

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni

@tootsman: Not at the moment. We are working on some under the hood changes that will make Rich Icons possible in the future updates. Please stay tuned. ;) Thanks!

• Just an update, we've added Rich Icons in the latest 1Password beta updates and it'll be available in 1Password 6.6 stable update coming soon.

This discussion has been closed.