Exact vs. close match auto-fill behavior change

TravelSD
TravelSD
Community Member
edited April 2023 in 1Password 7 for Windows

I have a couple of domains that have multiple logins, each for a sub-domain. For example, siteA.company.com and siteB.company.com. In the latest 1PW beta I now see "exact match" and "close match" options. What I'd like is the keyboard shortcut to auto-login to pick the exact match instead of making me click on which one I want. I have no problems listing the 'close match' in 1PW mini for manual selection, but please make the exact one be used for the autologin.

1Password Version: 6.6.4233
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 10 x64
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• MikeT
    edited June 2017

Hi @TravelSD,

Thanks for writing in. It should already be doing that as long as there is one exact match, regardless of the number of close matches.

Are you seeing this on all sites or just a specific site?

• TravelSD
    TravelSD
    Community Member

I have one primary URL for company purposes that I use, which is the problem child. There's just one exact match, yet the hotkey brings up the (single) exact match and the close match to pick from. I may have another domain with dual login URLs, but I can't remember it off the top of my head.

• MikeT
    edited June 2017

You are using Control + \, correct?

Note, that it has to be a perfect match. SiteA.company.com saved in Login, you're on SiteA.company.com and no general company.com saved in other items. If there is a general company.com saved even once, then it is not going to be able to do a direct fill.

• TravelSD
    TravelSD
    Community Member

Correct about the shortcut. I only have two passwords saved for this site. jira.company.com and my.company.com. These are the websites stored in 1PW. No general company.com password.

• MikeT
    edited June 2017

Okay, I was able to reproduce this in my testings. This is a bug, we'll get it fixed.

ref: OPW-1179

• Hi @TravelSD,

This should be fixed now in 6.6.435 update just now.

• TravelSD
    TravelSD
    Community Member

Awesome thanks! Will try it out.

• TravelSD
    TravelSD
    Community Member

Verified fixed!

• That's great to hear, thanks for your help here.

This discussion has been closed.