Feature requests and votes; how and where?

Options
wimvmourik
wimvmourik
Community Member

Dear 1Password,

On this forum, I noticed a few feature request topics, of which some are new and some are old. Some have been fulfilled and some haven't, as yet. Most requests seem be 'negotiated' with the dev team, but there are never promises on the when.

The questions I have are, how do you guys know which features are in high(er) demand than others?
Is that purely internally decided?
Do you guys perform customer research (if so, how?)
Do you have a list of features on which customers can vote? (If so, where?)

I would like to have some insight into what you guys are aiming for, globally speaking.

Kind regards

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Dear 1Password, On this forum, I noticed a few feature request topics, of which some are new and some are old. Some have been fulfilled and some haven't, as yet. Most requests seem be 'negotiated' with the dev team, but there are never promises on the when. The questions I have are, how do you guys know which features are in high(er) demand than others?

Is that purely internally decided?

@wimvmourik: All of this is tracked and decided internally, with some really deep discussions, the likes of which can closely mirror the sorts of things you'll see 1Password users discuss on this very forum. We love these, because even where there is disagreement, it's important that we challenge our assumptions and consider different points of view that can give rise to some really interesting things. I think it's fair to say that Travel Mode is a good example of that. But yeah, we don't want to talk about actual projects publicly until we have something tangible to share, as it's often the case that they will be delayed or canceled completely. It's bad enough getting our own hopes up. That's unavoidable. But we can — and should — avoid promising things to our customers until we're certain we can deliver.

Do you guys perform customer research (if so, how?)

No, not in the traditional sense. Our "customer research" consists of interacting with customers every day. Everyone in the company does this: devs, admins, founder, the CEO. So we're constantly "checking the pulse" of the 1Password userbase to determine what we can work on to do the most good for the greatest number of people. That's really what it comes down to.

Do you have a list of features on which customers can vote? (If so, where?)

While there isn't a "voting" process, you've come to the right place to post any feedback, requests, and suggestions for 1Password you might have. :)

I would like to have some insight into what you guys are aiming for, globally speaking. Kind regards

That's a tough one. While obviously I can't go into details regarding business strategies, unreleased products, or development roadmaps, I think I can sum it all up in a few words:

Our focus is to make the best password manager — secure and convenient, and accessible enough to help as many people as possible secure their digital lives.

Okay, so that was more than just a few words, but that's what we're aiming for each day. Cheers! :)

This discussion has been closed.