Feature request: edit/remove a tag globally

wimvmourik
wimvmourik
Community Member
edited June 2017 in Families

I just started with Families. After I imported my existing 1Password vault into my Families Private vault, I got an extra tag; imported \<timestamp>
This tag is helpful, sure, but has served its purpose. I would like to be able to delete the tag now, but don't seem able to.

This goes for all tags; the ability to rename and delete the tag (but not delete the elements tagged with it please).

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Hi @wimvmourik,

Thanks for writing in!

Are you trying to delete a tag from the web vault viewer on 1Password.com? You're correct that currently there is no way to rename or delete a tag from there - thanks for letting us know this is something you'd like to see!

If you are using 1Password for Mac, then you can delete or rename a tag from there. Simply right-click on it in the sidebar and you'll get the option to rename or delete it.

• wimvmourik
    wimvmourik
    Community Member

Ah, I see. I tried from Web, Android, and Windows.
    I am using Android, Windows and Mac, so I sort of expected them all to have the same functionality.
    Good to know I do have one client to do this with.

On Android, touching the 'tags' link crashes the app by the way, every time I try it.
    I don't see a specialized bugtrackere where I can post that. I guess this forum is as good as any?
    Android 6.0
    Android app version: 6.5.2

• Hi @wimvmourik,

I'm sorry to hear that you're encountering a crash when selecting tags from the navigation drawer in 1Password for Android. Thank you for bringing this to our attention!

Given that you're able to reproduce the issue every time, this should make it easier for us to track down the bug that is causing this. Could you tell me if you are prompted to send a crash report when the crash occurs and if you sent one in when prompted? The crash report will definitely help us in identifying and fixing the issue.

• wimvmourik
    wimvmourik
    Community Member

I did get the crash report window, but thinking all information were being sent to Google, I didn't bother.
    The crash report window is so anonymous, I couldn't make out what program/software was offering me that option.
    However, I have now send in a crash report, a short while ago.

• Hi @wimvmourik - On behalf of @mverde, thank you for taking the time to send the report over to us :smile: We'll take a look and get this resolved. I really appreciate you letting us know :+1: Keep us posted, f you have any additional questions, we're always here if you need us. Have a great rest of your day.

• wimvmourik
    wimvmourik
    Community Member

I happened to get a new/extra Android phone today ( nexus with very latest android patches). Curiously, the app does not crash there. Same app version, account and data.

So the difference might be that I had/have a vault on my other/older android phone from my previous standalone license.
    Or the older android os version.
    Or something else entirely which you can hopefully deduce from the crash report.

• Thank you @wimvmourik for the additional details. Congrats on the new Android phone :smile: I'll make sure to pass this information along to @mverde :+1: Thank you again for all the help.

• Thank you for sending in the crash report @wimvmourik! I've found a couple of reports that could possibly be related to this issue. In order to make sure that I'm looking at the right one, could you tell me the device make and model that you experienced the crash on?

• wimvmourik
    wimvmourik
    Community Member

Sure thing.
    LG G4 (h815)

• Thank you @wimvmourik :+1:

This discussion has been closed.