Installing on Sierra

Options
Piffle
Piffle
Community Member

I have installed 1Password from the App Store on Sierra. When I try to open 1Password, it fails to open, although I can see in the dock that it very briefly appears and disappears, again and again. Can you help me diagnose?

1Password Version: 6.6.2
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OSX S
Sync Type: iCloud

Comments

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Piffle,

Thanks for reaching out to us for help! It looks like you're using version 6.6.2 which is slightly out of date. The latest update is currently for version 6.7 - can you please try installing that to see if it solves the problem? Just launch the Mac App Store and go to the Updates section (make sure you're signed in with the same Apple ID you used to purchase 1Password to see its updates there).

Please let us know how it goes, and if it's still a problem, we'll continue from there. Cheers! :)

• Piffle
    Piffle
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks for the quick response. Have just installed the latest version from the app store (having deleted it first), and still have the same problem.

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Piffle,

Hmm, that's definitely strange. Does this happen when you try to launch the main 1Password app, or are you trying to open 1Password mini / browser extension? If it happens when you open the main app, what are the exact steps you take? For example, do you browse to the Applications folder in Finder and double-click the 1Password.app file? Or do you use Spotlight to search for and open it? Or something else?

If you haven't already done so, please try rebooting your Mac, then try again to open 1Password. Does that make any difference?

• Piffle
    Piffle
    Community Member
    Options

Oddly it seems to be working now. I hadn't done anything differently (I'd rebooted quite a few times previously, without it impacting). I can only put it down to excellent support and the good vibes you've obviously been sending. Thanks so much and sorry about that!

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

That's good news, @Piffle! I don't know why it wouldn't open before or why it suddenly started opening correctly again, but I'm glad it works. Now, if only I could figure out how to use good vibes to solve problems for other customers! :lol:

Hopefully it continues to work well for you from now on, but if you need more help with 1Password, please don't hesitate to let us know. We're here for you! :)

This discussion has been closed.