Firefox and Chrome "code signature could not be verified"

Options

I will be up front and say that I am not running the latest version of OS X because some software I require for work was not/has not been certified to work on that version so I'm stuck on an older version which means I'm also stuck on an older version of 1Password (purchased through the App Store).

Is there any workaround to this, other than disabling the "Verify browser code signature" option in the advanced tab in preferences (when I deselect that option it works for both browsers, but I'm assuming that's not a good long-term strategy)? It seemed to be working fine in Firefox until I just updated to the latest version today (54.0) but the issue with Chrome has been going on for quite a while.

Hopefully the software I need for work (a specific version of it) will be certified for more recent OS X releases (I guess I should say macOS now), but until then I'm stuck on the software and OS I have now.

1Password Version: 4.4.2
Extension Version: 4.6.6 and 4.6.6.90
OS Version: OS X 10.9.5
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• beyer
    beyer
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hey @Lapis,

There isn't any additional workaround to use Firefox or Chrome with 1Password 4. I would recommend using Safari (as it will pass code signature verification) until you can upgrade to a new version of macOS. However, if you do disable "Verify browser code signature", please make sure you only download and upgrade your web browsers directly from their developers.

We have a detailed post covering 1Password 4 legacy support information here.

Cheers,
    Andrew

This discussion has been closed.