How do you add multiple vaults?

rainman
rainman
Community Member

It appears the latest beta (6.2b2) supports multiple vaults (yay!), but I can't figure out how to add another vault in addition to the primary. I currently have two vaults that are each stored within the default location of DropBox. Is the second vault not an option because it's stored in the new(er) .opvault format? Please tell me if I'm missing something obvious.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• ntimo
    ntimo
    Community Member

@rainman You can only add more vaults with the 1password for Teams or Familys service

• rainman
    rainman
    Community Member

@ntimo Thank you for the response. That makes sense. I'll continue to patiently wait for multiple vault support...

• Hi @rainman. I'm glad that ntimo was able to answer your question. :)

1Password 6 for Android does indeed support syncing multiple Teams and Families vaults, but multiple local vaults are not yet supported. This is something we've received other requests for, and I'll go ahead and add your vote.

Let us know if you need anything else!

• mta
    mta
    Community Member

Add me to the list too. I've been waiting patiently for multiple vault support in the Android version and was glad to see it was in version 6.2. It surprises me you claim to support multiple vaults in that version without supporting multiple local vaults when the Mac and IOS versions (and presumably the Windows version) support them. I'm very disappointed.

• I’m sorry for the confusion @mta. We tried our best to clarify that All Vaults and Multiple Vaults features are only supported with Teams/Families account.

I will add your vote for the request! Thank you.

• mta
    mta
    Community Member

That's presumably an attempt to get me to buy a family account. At least for me it won't work. I hope you will someday bring the Android version up to the level of the other versions. In the meantime, I'll just live with the problem, although not happily.

• I’m sorry for the inconvenience. I understand how important this feature is, and I have added your vote for the request. Thanks.

• guillaumeserton
    guillaumeserton
    Community Member

Please add my vote too @saad

I can't wait to see this feature available in beta version

• Thanks @Spinacle! I'll pass your :+1: along to the team. :)

• SandManHooHa
    SandManHooHa
    Community Member

And mine! I recently started moving some items to a second vault but, based on this, I better stop and revert!

• I'll certainly add your vote for multiple vault support, @SandManHooHa. :)

• scoobynaps
    scoobynaps
    Community Member

I find it really amazing that syncing multiple vaults is not supported by Android. Android has the largest amount of users in the world and it is second class to iOS? This feature needs to be become a priority since many of us would like to use one phone for both work and personal vaults. Is there any kind of timeline for when this might be implemented? If not, it's sad that you have let this request go unanswered for years.

• Hi @scoobynaps. 1Password for Android doesn't currently support syncing multiple local vaults, but multiple vaults are supported for 1Password accounts. Dave Teare goes into detail about this feature in his post here. Please have a look and let us know if you have further questions!

• ixplorer
    ixplorer
    Community Member

Has this changed yet ? I convert businesses to Cloud systems and have sold hundreds of 1Password installs into my clients hands... I currently keep a copy of all of their passwords in my vault but this of course is only good for so long. Add me to the request and 200 of my clients.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@ixplorer: It isn't yet possible to use multiple local vaults in 1Password for Android, but it's a feature we're working on adding in a future version. Thanks for checking in!

• ixplorer
    ixplorer
    Community Member

None of my installs use android

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@ixplorer: I guess maybe I misunderstood then. This is a discussion about using multiple local vaults in 1Password for Android. If you're not using that app, were you referring to something else entirely? Please let me know!

• mta
    mta
    Community Member

It's been almost a year since this thread was started. Is it now safe to assume that the Android version of 1Password will never get the ability to load multiple local vaults? If so, I'll make other plans.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Thanks for checking in. Unfortunately 1Password for Android does not have that capability. It may be a feature we add in the future, but it isn't something we can offer you today.

• mahnos
    mahnos
    Community Member

+1 for multiple local vaults on Android. I've been using multiple local vaults for quite some time on iDevices but can't add Android phones into the mix! It's a huge inconvenience and disappointment that 1Password doesn't have equivalent functionality on iOS and Android. I know that 1Password for Families is an option but it is a much more expensive option (one-time $10 purchase vs $60/yr).

• Thanks for the feedback, @mahnos. While we may support multiple local vaults someday in the future, it's not on our road map currently.

That said, with regards to the purchase, the 1Password membership covers all client apps and major upgrades, whereas the Pro features purchase covers a single version on Android only. It doesn't apply to your other devices or to major upgrades. So if you're using several devices, and if you plan on upgrading, it may be more cost effective in the long run. Further, Individuals is cheaper than Families, but if you go with Families, the price covers up to 5 people, so you could split the cost with the other members.

• mahnos
    mahnos
    Community Member

Thanks, peri. I've been a long time user of 1Password: I already have several licenses for Windows & Mac which I purchased before the subscription services existed plus 1Password for iOS. What I have works just fine and I expect it will continue to do so for quite some time. If everything had "just worked" on Android, it would have been the smooth experience that I expect from AgileBits. As a developer, I suspect it would probably have been easier to port to Android without removing support for multiple local vaults but perhaps there were technical issues... In any case, I now need to evaluate a subscription vs switching to a completely different password keeper. Thanks again for your feedback.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@mahnos: That makes sense. 1Password for Android isn't a port, though, as it's a very different platform to everything else out there (excluding perhaps ChromeOS and Linux, which we don't have apps for). So 1Password for Android was built from the ground up specifically for Android devices, and we can't reuse code there (like we can between macOS and iOS to some extent). And if you've already been happily using 1Password for a while, there may be something we can do to help you take advantage of the benefits of a 1Password.com membership, which go far beyond multiple vaults. Shoot us an email at support@1password.com and post the Support ID you receive here, and we'll be happy to work with you. Cheers! :)

This discussion has been closed.