Using 1password trial - imported from splashid. Export greyed out. [NOT using all vaults]

Options
Oztack
Oztack
Community Member

Hi, it appears I am having this problem too.
On a Mac - Sierra. Using a standard rather than an administrator account as always.

D/l 1password from your website. Installation was a breeze..

Imported my SplashID contents (460 passwords!) - VERY accurate reading of the original by-the-way.

Testing out the 1password export function BUT it is greyed out.

I only have one vault AFAIK. (single user trial account)

I have the "All items" option in the left pane at the top, NOT the all vaults option.

Under preferences, "All Vaults" tab only lists my name and then a personal vault (Both ticked FWIW). Can't select only one of them...

I have NOT installed the browser extension yet. No 1password mini running

Can't "export" All items, or even a single item or a single category.

Tried restarting 1password.

Tried restarting the iMac.

Help?

I need to know this works for "future proofing" - if I can't export I can't use. REALLY want to get this going.

Thanks!

1Password Version: 1Password 6 Version 6.7.1 (671001)
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OS x 10.12.5
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Oztack,

I'm sorry the Export menu option is grayed out! We fixed a bug like that a few months ago in version 6.6.3, but I've heard of a similar bug happening once or twice since then (I'm not sure if it's related to the original or if it's caused by something completely different).

As far as your concern about "future proofing", please don't worry - you should absolutely be able to export your data if you need to, and if there's a bug preventing that menu option from working, we'll fix it. And if for some reason you want to export your data before a fix is available, we'll help you find a workaround. Your data is yours, and we feel strongly that you should be able to move it out of 1Password if you want to.

Recently I helped a customer who seems to have been running into the same problem you described. If you're curious, you can find that discussion here: https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/78936/file-export-disabled-single-vault

The workaround they discovered was essentially to restart 1Password mini. To try that, open the main 1Password app and go to Help > Troubleshooting > Restart 1Password mini from the menu bar. After that, unlock 1Password again and see if the File > Export menu option can be used.

Please let us know how it goes, and if it's still a problem, we'll continue from there. Thanks!

• Oztack
    Oztack
    Community Member
    Options

Ahhh Thank-you! That was exactly the problem. For some reason I needed password mini running before I could export all from the main 1password app.
    All sorted now.

Must say I appreciate the very timely response! Impressive. :D

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Excellent! Thanks for the update. On behalf of Drew, you are most welcome! I'm glad to hear that helped. It sounds like you should be all set, but don't hesitate to reach out if we can be of further assistance. Cheers! :)

This discussion has been closed.