Select login item based on use and page search

Options

Since I'm the unwillingly Head of IT-Ops of my family, I have to store a few different account logins in my 1Password keychain. It makes logging in to certain sites difficult, since I have to scroll through quite a few login items to find the one I use the most; my own.

It would be nice if the order of the login items were by usage, so the one I used the most were at the top. It would also be nice if 1Password could do a page search to find the username of the login items and if found, both position that at the top and make the others collapse into a "More..." item as I think you already do in some situations, I just can't remember when.

1Password Version: 6.7.1
Extension Version: 4.6.6.90
OS Version: OS X 10.12.5 (16F73)
Sync Type: iCloud
Referrer: forum-search:Select password based on page search

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@asbjornu: 1Password just doesn't have any login for tracking and sorting logins in this fashion, but it's certainly something we can consider adding in a future version. The "page search" idea is an interesting one too. In the mean time, you can use Favorites to mark your preferred logins, so that they will display at the top of matches for the current site ("More" will display additional additional inexact URL matches). Cheers! :)

• stigger
    stigger
    Community Member
    Options

In the mean time, you can use Favorites to mark your preferred logins, so that they will display at the top of matches for the current site ("More" will display additional additional inexact URL matches).

This does not seem to be working for me. I have 7 google accounts, and the one I'm using most often is the 4th in 1Password Mini list. I tried marking it as favorite, but don't see any difference at all. Using 1Password 6.7 from Mac App Store. Please let me know if you need any additional details.

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @asbjornu,

A lot will depend on how you and your family use 1Password but I'm also wondering if separate vaults could help. You could store items for others in one or more secondary vaults and also exclude them from the All Vaults view that is available when there are more than one vault. That way you have access to the items when needed but they can be essentially hidden for your regular day to day usage.

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @stigger,

Can you checked the URLs stored in the website field of your Google Login items please. Google's current login page is on accounts.google.com and so 1Password will always favour those that match that rather than just google.com or www.google.com. If all the Login items store the same FQDN (Fully Qualified Domain Name) accounts.google.com then any item flagged as a favourite will appear at the top of the list. I think this will result in better 1Password behaviour for you. Let us know if you find it isn't the case.

• stigger
    stigger
    Community Member
    Options

Fixing the URLs helped and know everything works as expected, thank you!

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

:smile: you're welcome @stigger, glad we could help.

This discussion has been closed.