New Macbook Pro won't accept my key.

Options
Ilovemydog
Ilovemydog
Community Member
edited January 2017 in Mac

Trying to set up 1Password on brand new Macbook Pro. I requested the key, and I copied it from the email to the registration window in 1Password app. It won't accept my key. Says it's invalid, but I know it is valid. It's working on my old Mac. I keep getting the window that says "Click here to apply your license." Four windows pop up. The top one says "Thank you for supporting 1Password." When I click on "Find License," I'm taken back to the screen asking for my email so the key can be sent to me. It's been sent to me at least 10 times now. I'm caught in a loop and I don't see any way out. Help, please.

Update: Never mind. I figured it out.

1Password Version: 6.5.2
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OS X 10.12.2
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:New Macbook Pro won't accept my key. Msg. says it's not valid, but it is.

Comments

• Pilar
    Pilar
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Ilovemydog

I'm sorry for the confusion with 1Password and that issues that you're having setting it up! You have a license, not an account. You can see what the differences are here: https://support.1password.com/why-account/

What you need to do first of all is download the license, just click on the link on the email that you've gotten a few times :chuffed: Then the easiest way for you to set up your data is to set up iCloud sync on your old computer and then pick "iCloud" on the new one when it asks "Where's your data?". You should be able to see this option once you've downloaded the license, but if you can't just press the "Option" key while opening 1Password and it should appear!

Please let us know how this goes for you and if you're able to set everything up :chuffed:

• Ilovemydog
    Ilovemydog
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you, Pilar. I finally figured it out. It's all good. :)

• Roman
    Roman
    1Password Alumni
    Options

On behalf of Pilar, you're welcome. If you need anything else, please let us know. We'll be happy to help. :)

• zwezi
    zwezi
    Community Member
    Options

Hi . I just changed from the mac app store version to the agile bits website version on my old mac air....i am getting a new MacBook this week and want to know how to put my 1password account on my new mac ......without losing anything .....thanks

• rudy
    Options

@zwezi,

If you already have your Emergency Kit saved somewhere and aren't making use of non-1Password.com vaults then you should be able to simply scan the Setup Code from the Emergency Kit and be all set. If you do have non-1Password.com vaults then the process will invariable become more complicated.

Let us know which way you're configured and we can hopefully explain the steps involved.

Rudy

This discussion has been closed.