Syncing 2 Macs locally, container saved on storage

Options
alexm87
alexm87
Community Member

Hey guys,

right now I'm trying to sync two macs with a password container. I created a new container on one mac, saved the file on our NAS which is always available.
My Problem is right now, when I type in a password on the mac which created the container the other mac can see the password.
But if I type in a password on the other mac, it won't appear on the mac which created the container.

Any idea? Maybe I forgot to set some rights or something in network options.

Thanks, sorry for the inconvenience...

Alex

1Password Version: 6.7
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Locally
Referrer: forum-search:sync local

Comments

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @alexm87,

Sorry to hear you're having some trouble syncing your 1Password data between your Macs!

When you say you're syncing with a "password container", do you mean you used the Folder sync option to create a .agilekeychain or .opvault folder bundle on the NAS? If so, the issue you described is likely related to having the 1Password app point directly to the NAS. There are various problems that can happen with that configuration.

If you need to use the NAS to sync 1Password, the best way to do that is to configure the Folder sync option in 1Password to point to a local folder on the Mac, and then use a sync utility / file copy tool (such as Chronosync, rsync, SuperDuper, etc) to copy the contents of the folder to/from the NAS. We have a bit more information about that here: How to keep a copy of a local vault updated in a folder on your Mac

Hopefully this helps, but please let us know if you have more questions about that. Thanks! :)

• alexm87
    alexm87
    Community Member
    Options

Hey,
    thanks for your answer, I will try this solution and give you feedback.

Greets

Alex

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Sounds good, let us know how it goes! :)

This discussion has been closed.