1Password user for several years...update

Options
skays
skays
Community Member

I purchased 1Password several years ago and noticed that 1Password has gone the way of many software companies...requiring a monthly fee rather than a one time, upfront purchase.
Question: Appears I am grandfathered in and not required to pay monthly fee?
Question: I notice that computer and mobile apps/accounts can now be synched on 1Password's site and Dropbox and iCloud are no longer required. If true, can I access that capability?
Question: Even though I did a one time, upfront purchase several years ago, will I be able to take advantage of all of the latest improvements and capabilities of 1Password?

Great program and love the security it provides.

1Password Version: V 6.7 (670008)
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OS X 10.12.5
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• rudy
    Options

Hi @skays,

Question: Appears I am grandfathered in and not required to pay monthly fee?

Not grandfathered, you're certainly welcome to run in standalone mode for as long as it continues to work with the latest OS. There will likely be a certain point in the future where the app starts having issues (see 1Password 3 Known Issues and 1Password 4 Known Issues). Development on those versions has long ceased, we definitely recommend using the latest versions if you're planning on updating your OS.

Question: I notice that computer and mobile apps/accounts can now be synched on 1Password's site and Dropbox and iCloud are no longer required. If true, can I access that capability?

Not without a 1Password.com membership, which is paid for either monthly or annually.

Question: Even though I did a one time, upfront purchase several years ago, will I be able to take advantage of all of the latest improvements and capabilities of 1Password?

I can't really speak to what we might do in the future, but there will certainly be features that are only available as part of a 1Password.com membership (see Travel Mode).

Rudy

This discussion has been closed.