Request to attach images to items in standalone iOS app

Options
This discussion was created from comments split from: Add Credit Card by Photo-Scan.

Comments

• zalusky
    zalusky
    Community Member
    Options

OCR would be great but I would like to be able to add images to any of the documents not just secure notes. I would love to have pictures of my passport, driver license, insurance card, In addition I would like to be able to print those images if needed.

I can imagine if I lost my passport it would be great if I could bring it up and print it and give to whomever. Same thing with my insurance id.

The OCR would still be great for adding cards that I might need to populate into forms.

• Ben
    Options

Hi @zalusky,

It is already possible to create Documents (which can be images) in 1Password when using a 1Password membership. Do you have a membership account?

Ben

• zalusky
    zalusky
    Community Member
    Options

I don't know but I simply want to use my 1password app on my iphone and attach a camera image when editing the record similar to how I can attach file image on a secure note using the mac app.

• Ben
    Options

@zalusky,

That is currently possible, but does require a 1Password.com subscription membership. You can read more about some of the benefits of a membership here:

What are the benefits of a 1Password membership?

And you can learn about how to migrate here:

Move your existing 1Password data to a 1Password account

I hope that helps. Should you have any other questions or concerns, please feel free to ask.

Thanks!

Ben

• zalusky
    zalusky
    Community Member
    Options

I already have pro features and a dropbox account. I have no desire to be forced into a subscription based solution.
    The features that I am asking for are not cloud based. I just want an IOS enhancement.

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @zalusky,

Your request is a bit different than the original topic of the previous discussion (which was a suggestion to add credit card or rewards card details to 1Password by scanning them, similar to the Wallet app on iOS), so I've moved your conversation to a new thread in order to avoid confusion. I hope you don't mind!

Thank you for letting us know you'd like to be able to add attachments to items in 1Password for iOS without needing a 1Password.com account. I can't make any promises about if or when that might happen, but I can forward your feedback to our developers to let them know you're interested in that.

I'm sorry I don't have a better answer for you about that. If you have more questions about that or need anything else, please let us know. Cheers! :)

This discussion has been closed.