To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Confused if 1Password.com allows for offline .opvault creation?

Options
Korabos
Korabos
Community Member

My goal is to create an offline .opvault file and not use the online account sync.

My questions are

1. If I sign up for the $2.99 plan on 1password.com, and I download the Mac App, can I create an offline .opvault?
  2. If I can, will I be able to use/share this offline .opvault on the Windows app? (I understand I need to manually copy it to my Windows PC).
  3. Finally, if my subscription ends and I don't continue, will the downloaded apps continue to work with my offline .opvault? Or will it also be frozen like if I used an online account?

Thanks for help.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OSX Sierra and Windows 10
Sync Type: Offline, Manual

Comments

• Ben
    Options

Hi @Korabos,

Thanks for taking the time to write in.

While what you've described is possible, to an extent, it would not be the recommended usage, and you'd lose a lot of the benefits of having a 1Password.com account doing so. Would you mind elaborating a bit about why you want to do this? That may help us better point you in the right direction.

If I sign up for the $2.99 plan on 1password.com, and I download the Mac App, can I create an offline .opvault?

Yes, you can create standalone vaults in the Mac app when using a 1Password membership.

If I can, will I be able to use/share this offline .opvault on the Windows app? (I understand I need to manually copy it to my Windows PC).

Not really, no. 1Password for Windows only supports reading from OPVault files for the purpose of importing legacy data into 1Password accounts. It does not support modifying OPVaults.

Finally, if my subscription ends and I don't continue, will the downloaded apps continue to work with my offline .opvault? Or will it also be frozen like if I used an online account?

It would be frozen.

Please let us know. Thanks!

Ben

This discussion has been closed.